Thursday, April 19, 2018

What makes someone a car enthusiast

Car Enthusiast



I am passionate about cars, but I did not grow up as a car enthusiast, I experienced small but numerous trips to get to where I am today In this series I will share some of my travels and trips I would take later to pursue me as a passionate automotive But before moving on to my story, let me first ask the question, what is a passionate automotive, and how does one become a part I Nature Versus Nurture what forms an enthusiast.
First, I think we need to determine what a passion for the automobile is, or how to set Many people have different ways of defining what is a passionate, and it is normally up various criteria that defines or didnt define a passionate automotive while some people feel passionate should have mechanical skills, or must own or have owned a certain car, I think an avid car can simply be someone who loves cars that didnt mean they have to subscribe to some magazines, or read some Oppositelock sites or Jalopnik I do not think that there are also classes, sects or car enthusiasts, I do not think even there really posers, because if you believe you are a car enthusiast, while art that you are; some people may not agree with you, but that's their problem I personally do not think of myself as a passionate until I bought my first car and realized how the much more fun driving could be, and how much I liked cars After realizing what I had been away, I started working on my car to get more involved in, I started reading all the major car magazines to learn I also started reading Jalopnik, and recently I had the chance to discover Oppositelock and I started to enjoy writing about cars, reading not only on them.
Now that we discussed briefly a passion for the automobile is, or what defines them as such, we must now discuss how a car enthusiast is born, I will use the age old question of nature vs Nurture to answer this question at least for me to elaborate on the nature vs. Nurture, let me define each in the context that we can identify.
Nurture The fate of a passion depends on the family, they're born he needs the parent to have a passion for cars to young children one day join the ranks of other auto enthusiasts who spend too much time daily coveting cars or they don t need or B cars they will unfortunately never be able to pay or not the child needs the help of his parents to be unhappy in one way or another day, I'm not of the mind that the child does not necessarily need their parents to join our ranks one day, I will use my own experiences to explain why.
I am the youngest of five children, and all of us were raised by my mother, who did not help, my father left when I was two I'm fine the way, my mother is great and I wouldn t have wanted things to have happened differently, would it But my grandfather towards my father was around a little time before he walked away with my aunt and uncle, he was mechanic who owned his own shop, I have never worked on cars with him because I was too young, but he was always there and I knew what he did my grandfather my mother's side was unfortunately not there, he died when my younger sister was born, which was about five years before I was born it was a shame, perhaps my mother more than me, because, according to my mother and grandmother, I am my grandfather reincarnated I consider it seems, and I get my addiction for alle cars mands of him that I also get my curse to want the best of everything, he had him always have the latest and cars, so he imported his fai r share of cars in Germany itself, the most notable being the first Gelandewagen of Germany to the United States, he went to the Mercedes plant in Germany go Granddad and ordered it had shipped to California, had it certified for road use in California, and led to the House; the first in the United States of America, pretty bad ass if you ask me, he was also usually one of the first to order new Porsches, Mercedes had a load of crap, not BMW's, except that he had an early 2002's in the United States, he had a Ferrari gift yet know it, but it's not too expensive now, many, many Volkswagens, many of them my mother's until that he sold them and bought him another car, it was also a Porsche 930 Turbo, a Mercedes SEL June 9, and a domain Mercedes W123, all are represented observe the custom plates, including some of the cars of my mother, he bought him Strangely, I also had my irritation him to stock cars that I do not like my cars are available; I want them to be different from anyone else in my Mercedes AMG wheels, stickers galore, red brake calipers and wheel nut red hats My Golf has black wheels, blue calipers, and blue wheel cap nuts both windows cars were also stained my grandfather's changes generally consisted stereos, wheels and things like that, but it also re-done interior lot my mother had a golf once he put the Fuchs wheels I think and a new interior in white and red leather, he also had a 911 he bought when re-painted a dark gray, and he had done well; the car was completely stripped, all came out; then it was sandblasted and new color was on my mother made the comment one day that she think my grandfather would have loved watching Top Gear with me, it almost made me cry, just say no t to no one.
So now we go to my mother, who has had the greatest impact on me, and I explain why I think doesn family t necessarily didnt love cars to produce a passionate While my grandfather and great -Father were car guys, my mother didn t really focus too much on cars, t she could not, she was too busy raising five kids impressive Then my mother always preferred German cars, she never could pay them as a single mother, she didn t buy a new car until I 14ish and it didn t buy his first German car until last year, after much prodding from me too, I haven does not learned all this stuff about my grandfather up there a few years ago, so I can not really credit, I can only wonder how much genetic had to play with my condition so if my mother really didn t influences too, what about where I grew up in Southern California.



Nature Is the environment in which a child grows determine their fate, I believe that the environment plays a big role, but it does not define a person I do not think the condition that lurked beneath the surface would killed immediately if I had been raised in a large metropolitan area like New York City I think the chance to become myself an enthusiast would have been thinner in a place like New York, but the fact that things like Classic Car wouldn t was impossible to exist club in New York are proof of this, but I do live and grow up in a place like Ventura makes it more likely that I would like cars When you live in a place that has no great transit or not at all, it is much more likely that you'll need a car and thus fall in love with them I also think culture in California, and in fact everywhere west of the East coast, makesa big role in a life so passionate or dies.
Although I think those two things are very important to format a car enthusiast, I also think there is a third that has the chance to make or break the development of a passionate and art the experience of owning their first car in my case, that's what helped me to grow in the automotive enthusiast that I am today if you want to know more about it, stay tuned for the next episode of Tales of an auto enthusiast part II Tales Mercedes owner.








What makes someone a car enthusiast, someone passionate.