Monday, April 30, 2018

The world's largest of the old car junkyard Old Car City U

Visit to Georgia # 39; s Old Car City, the largest park in classic car scrap on earth



The largest old car junkyard Old Car City U S A. World
Fifty miles north of Atlanta, a house consists of 34 acres one of the largest car collections in the world, but this collection has not polished Ferraris or Porsches under the bright lights No Immaculate Mercedes and Bentleys proudly behind the velvet ropes A sign of rust on the site before bed junkyard oldest jungle in the world, here 80 years.
Most of this collection is unrecoverable midcentury American steel, and scattered Lays on a wooded property in rural Georgia over 4,500 cars most of which are model year 1972 or longer belong to a man who spent his life to save some of classic cars of the crusher America sometimes interesting teams with a fellow blogger to explore the what and why behind the old town car US A.
Note This site is affiliated with Old Car U S A.
Old Car the city began in 1931 as a general store, opened by the parents of the family present owner Dean Lewis Dean ran the store in the city of White, Georgia, and sold various items ranging from clothes to car parts, tires and gasoline.
When the United States entered World War II, resources such as steel and tires have become rare because they were directed to the war effort.



The Lewis family followed the money wisely and moved the company into scrapping cars late 1940s general store was transformed into an auto salvage yard.
But Dean had a different vision for the company; rather than enjoying the destruction of cars he wanted to preserve their heritage.
He remembers My dad bought me a Ford 40 when I was 12 or 14 and I just loved the old cars from there.
What a waste Sorry, but these guys bored the hell outa me They say they are saving cars but won t sell for a realistic price Everything they do is to extend the end You, sir, are worse than who scrapped these vehicles when their value was nothing you lowest of the low, you prevent the use of parts or whole vehicles used to preserve the history of the automobile.



Why would you go that far to save these links with the past and deny those who are able to preserve the chance to do either flat or refusing to sell to charge exorbitant prices for what you have.
You do not care, the only thing you care about is you, if you really cared to preserve these irreplaceable monuments to centuries past, you would sell for what they are, ask the stupid money for them as such you are worse than those who crashed these vehicles when their value has not been established.
You, sir, are an enemy f the conservation movement not a supporter of it and the sooner you realize that the world is made better.
Harsh, but certainly just Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Many of these cars were rescued from the mill They would be shredded metal now not every car can be saved, the cost of restoration is just beyond the end would at least be able to see the history of the automobile in this state never is a good thing if it sold each car to someone and ask them, there would be no old car town, it takes thousands of dollars to restore a car in good condition, some are just better than nostalgia.



I do not think true, I think what they do is to save the old classic era of car people who like to turn them into street rods This place is very cool Whoever runs this is very cool and a great company.
On the right, you people who have left these cars in this condition not care about them and in my opinion, should be horse whipped.
Fascinating and interesting comments after the disintegration vs food debate Ultimately it is a world that has been molded by a single person, it is his collection, his mind and his vision to counter the slow decay, there is probably many other people who are preserving and restoring old cars in pristine condition, I can understand why someone with a love for classic cars will despair about it.
I liked the art museum, mostly made up of details Styrofoam cups.
Ha, thank you Alex This is a good debate, I can see both sides I do like your opinion we have hundreds of these people restore cars, but only a handful we preserve them in arrested decay Art or business, it is certainly unique.
Another place to write on my list to visit I love the way Mother Nature seems to support the material objects we leave behind another great post and beautiful photos and thank you SI Galen.



Thank you for the comment, Cynthia Maybe a good idea to road trip for you and Dan.
I was told that futrills auto parts was the oldest cemetery in cars belonging to the family yoy I am a son of a son of the founder, but now I know that someone was wrong I really feel like I understand the dean of mr as I have seen many go i always hated the mill crushing time, but we need the money again I saved what I could and now we've got an old car all Cementary my kind HAT, Dean mr I really appreciate his junkyard go sometime.
What a mess how much could be saved CAS with these parties.
The article said that his favorite car is 1944 but it shows a 1941 Ford What other information is incorrect I mentioned earlier, this is not a glance how much waste benefited from this court over the years and how many pay big money to get inside to look and take pictures It Sá money maker and part of our history since the salvage yards are almost disappeared giving younger look back when people like me can walk a junk yard near almost every town keep in mind those who complain that they could use the parts, most salvage yards have discarded these cars there a few years at least as they are reclaimed by nature, we can look around and see them in various states of decomposition.
Hi ModelT-Denny, no pictures are captioned with the brand model year details Images are scattered randomly on the article; if 41 showed almost the sentence that mentions a 44, its coincidence Thanks for reading.


I have an im dump truck pickup Ford F350 1974 in search of a PTO that has an outlet speed power transmission four Borg warner is a single gear transmission has 26 teeth 32 teeth .
I am looking for a 3speed 302 trans for my 65 Ford Galaxy I have to email me ASAP if you have one or know a place where I can contact.
Looking for a left front fender for a 1972 model Mercedes 250 ideas please.
I live in Cali, Colombia now, but in the 70s, I went to college in Atlanta, I will restore the old cars since those days I made some life long friends who are still in the Ga Recovery Company there a few years ago I fell into the old city car on the way from Atlanta to Knoxville owner was amazing full of history, it leaves wonder around for a few hours and I took hundreds of pictures to show home to my friends in the classic car club I belong to Cali Everyone here drooled when they looked at pictures Someone commented in this blog the high prices, it is not true that I find a GTO in 1965 he had a title for him and he asked me 4,000 for what I knew to leave me da 3500 if I asked but I just bought 2 other cars besides what was all that I go on this trip just thinking the title and the plates were worth the price Anyway here is the link to some photos taken old car city.
Every two years, I like to go down memory lane and visit the ancient sites of recovery in the US while my family goes crazy at the mall If you know of interesting places to visit in North Florida and North Georgia South Carolina please let me know I would really appreciate you all a great day.



Think about this, it could choose to remove these cars for a single payment whatever the going rate for mixed metal car bodies less taxes or it can keep them and have an ongoing income stream to 25 dollars per head for as long as it lasts or until he dies again, this model of entropy work requires almost no investment of time and money is less the fact he no longer works there just to make sure keep the property taxes paid call it a museum could provide a more favorable tax status or perhaps status without tax wonder he is not eager to sell cars or parts However, I think the place will die with him heirs probably don t share the same vision and want each hand them that's pretty normal that I wouldn t be surprised to learn one day that the property has been cleared.
From what I hear the salvage yard was part of a larger piece of property owner already distributed to his heirs Keep the yard was his way to ensure to have something to do since the most older people are put out to pasture This area is fast becoming the top-end dollar value so that his heirs will receive an additional windfall later, I only visited the place once, but the intention of the do it again some people like to see old shiny cars in other museums like the nostalgia involved walking through a car cementery Have a great day.
I agree with you Some people gripe about everything I'm on several former car sites If a guy is a beautiful old car many say chop, others say eat, others say clean and call a survivor Whatever the owners make their car s Often I'm in love but see beautiful registered cars but when it comes to many as in the junk yard, I see that they are at least stored naturally for many still enjoy all could be scrapped years, I am the family or executors will clear the courtyard and pocket whatever they can get us all the different thoughts and ideas for diferent hobbbies old cars not for everyone for me someone clicking on this site and reading about the court must have some interest in old cars and should understand this is a rare opportunity take pictures and walk around among the pieces of the last salvage yards, as they are called, are becoming as rare as these rusty auto parts.
I am looking for a center console for a 1966 Ford Fairlane can help.
Sorry but I can not see how it saves the cars I m 20 now and living in South Africa it's heartbreaking for me to see that I would give anything could have a 69 Dodge Charger and this guy has probably some in there just leaving the beauties of rust and die like this breaks my heart If you have the skills Any car can be restored Why would you do something like this, I seriously think someone should throw this guy in a cage and let it rot these car s deserve better.
I'm trying to restore my father Inlaw 1940 Ford coupe 2door in need of a better shell you looking for help on where to look.



And then how can I get a hold of 4bbl for 1979 Olds 301 engine.
All of you naysayers So far, it has more negative comments should be removed, lined up against a brick wall and SHOT old bikes and vehicles of this nature, for those of us who can actually have cognitive thought, determination and money to restore a vehicle like this, physically spit in the eye How dare you what happens when someone like me comes along and can Boppin, Turn Back the Clock have the time, patience, and have done something, be it a car, bicycle, motorcycle, either, to have something that will not only stand the test of time, but probably look for a price which is several times what is your annual salary Maybe I should not worry too much, but for all you idiots that I'm not all that worried, you have, in my opinion, approximate Attention Span of a CHIMPANZEE.
Okay, now I know I'm your attention please send me both the address of phone number snailmail Sometimes Interesting, because I want to buy him something interesting, they, he, she, or know a vehicle 03/10/2015 Thank you.
Ha This article was published a year ago and again about once a week I get an email from someone looking for parts for a car with all these son maybe I should enter the sector the automobile.



It's cool, but they aren even close to being the largest cemetery of old cars.
In fact, I have been finding many interesting somethings by joining are as factories, hospitals, and other things long forgotten and rotting with intersting history that I did not enjoy Not playing any old to do with vehicles it might even be interesting to know why I was called T model since the early 60s incidentally, much talk and write to go down memory lane there are about one year we bought a small nursing home on Memory Lane Yes, you can go home.
Thank you for the kind words Model T, we are pleased to welcome you on board Feel free to share the backstory in your name guess it has something to do with Ford, yes.
Tyler if you can point me in the right direction, I'd check the facts If there is the greatest museums Junkyard I'd love to know about it and may be featured in this space thanks.
I do not see the message again, but someone mentioned it is not the oldest car junkyard in the world Of course, it is not off the top of my head, I can not say where this would I do remember going through many more scrap yards in the center-west and above states Illinois again, I do not know what quaifies a court as the greatest and most likely the most of the ones I've been in years long gone there the point is Old Car city remains and has become popular if it is physically larger or not after all, how to pretend best pizza places, the best hamburger in the world of the world, etc.
All ideas are really wonderful and I want to share with my references interesting post on old cars, which is really interesting somehow find a new car in the United States.



Outstanding in my opinion is it a book published this treasure If so I would like the BSN Motor City George issue.
Hello George, there is a book on the old U S A. City car
Old Car City Cara Fuller, published 16/10/2014 ISBN 1320171737.
We went there in August, I proposed to my girlfriend there, it was a place where she asked us to go was a great trip Dean is a man very nice Do not forget mosquito Lol bomb.
Hello friends, I would have a minor morris 1000 to buy my late father, I remember when I was young were four morris minor1000 i like this car, but now in my country, there are more than this car why I appeal or application if you want to help me buy a car like that, not even in working condition to thank you all for your understanding thnx Dev Mauritius.
Jeremy, thank you for the tip The attached link didn t work for me, but I could find on a search just need to team up with a photographer on that one and we have another article.



I love taking pictures, my husband loves old cars, I'm a little sad that you do alow cameras.
Hi TQ, where did you hear that they don t allow cameras I understand they do, you can just let them know and pay the fee in advance I know some photography clubs that are passed thereby courtesy Have you been hijacked by the owners.
TQ are you sure of the rule against the camera, I thought for a fee people can take pictures It's years since we were there and our walk was only watch the cars and maybe find Model parts T call or check back Don t be sad.
I'm not sure this museum is nice but it saddens me to see all these big cars so bad One of these days, I m going to find a charger dropped 69 or 65 Gto and restoring the hell out of them and I'll keep them for ever.



Wow I would love to walk through I am looking ring beacon for international D30 split ring clamp bucket thank my name is Mark Preston 7248132664.
1961, 2 door top chevy impala bubble makes me want to drive and he asked how I would give my left leg and some money for this car, even in this state.








The world's largest of the old car junkyard Old Car City U, world's largest scrapyard.