Tuesday, August 29, 2017

German vs. Japanese vs. American struggle what to buy auto forums and chat automotive industry

OK Go - Needing / Getting - Official Video



Hi everyone, I am a German car enthusiast and I own a 1996 VW Jetta gl of 104 000 000 Im trying to sell it for about 4900 cdn because even though I like it, it gives me a lot of problems that I just consider myself unlucky and do not try to blame the brand as I was reading the comments, I know some German cars are assembled in Mexico and those with a lot of electrical problems, etc. I know that the body of Japanese cars are not the best, I know that American cars have many faults.
So now I'm stuck because I do not know what to buy for apprx 5000 banghead If I was in Europe, I would probably buy another VW But I do not know what kind of vehicle would be there for me without too many problems as 2 years.
Can anyone suggest cars for me, what to buy, with the minimum age and mileage.
I know it sounds a little corny, but im losing my mind here, I looked older Toyotas hondas that got the best reviews more because that's all I can afford rite now Don t want to be picky, but they do not have the most beautiful body but how would they compare to IEA new 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier I know, I know hondas are better, but I have to consider the money now in terms of insurance and pieces I'd like a problem Free car for at least 2 years.
Any suggestions please all appreciated, thank you.



Discussions such as these are generally frowned upon this topic was beaten to death.
Discussions such as these are generally frowned upon this topic was beaten to death.
I understand and know too much, but when I have money problems and try ppl enjoy this, I thought that maybe some other ppl who have a little time and not frustrated about it might help me if I had more money, even 10,000 then I would not need help, because I would know exactly what kind of car to buy I would know the right age, mileage etc. I just wondered suggestions because I have half of the money, I apologize to all those who are frustrated by this and many thanks to those who wouldn t share their opinions mind one last time and help.
Discussions such as these are generally frowned upon this topic was beaten to death, we will be fine as long as it avoids bumping over the pseudo-patriotic chest.



This thread is just what is the best used car.
IMO no car can be judged on the value according to its nation of origin.
For example, no one would say Suzuki is anywhere close to the quality of Toyota, even though the two are Japanese, based on JD Power initial quality survey last year.
IMO choose some styles you like and do research is a good place to start.
Also, when you go down the line 5000 older cars, mileage, history and maitenance of the status of a private car is as important, if not more of the brand.
We will be fine as long as it avoids bumping over the pseudo-patriotic chest This thread is just what is the best used car IMO no car can be judged on the value according to its country of origin, eg nobody seems Suzuki is anywhere close to the quality of Toyota, even though the two are Japanese, based on the study of initial quality by JD Power last year IMO choose some styles you like and do research is a good place to start, too, when you go down the 5000 most cars range, mileage, history and maitenance of the status of a private car is as important, if not more of the brand.



Thank you very much for your help, and when you put it that way, I see your point, I should not put much attention on the brand once the car is old, I guess I'm unlucky before and Im just worried I make the same mistake with my last money now that I think about it I have always been a fan of German cars still my 1996 VW more problems than my sisters 1992 Geo Tracker thank you.
Is 5 km or 5 km US CAN assuming it is to 4k 5k CAN or US I would go with jap.
In the price range that you look older home is cost nothing, now its closer, but there is a car 10 years was nothing on Japanese cars.
German, I would keep away from, hell even the new Jetta are a selling point, I tried a new GLI and could not get in the opposite direction.
Your best bet would Jap, Toyo honda or nissan I owned several more imports and have been very impressed with their reliability and quality over time.
In the price range that you look older home is cost nothing, now its closer, but there is a car 10 years was nothing on Japanese cars.



German, I would keep away from, hell even the new Jetta are a selling point, I tried a new GLI and could not get in the opposite direction.
Your best bet would Jap, Toyo honda or nissan I owned several more imports and have been very impressed with their reliability and quality over time.
A single car of a country does not mean stay out of the country, just that Germany continues to drive some of the best cars out there I buy and drive an old BMW 10 years before its equivalent the problem is Japanese car BMW industry adjustment of depreciation rates, so you would need to get older cars, so instead of the 10 years BMW, you would need a 15-year drop in teh same price range There are other major German options, although I was always partial Audis, and as long as you do not get an electrical problem was widespread back in the day, they can be great cars and for a much cheaper price than BMW.
You really shouldn t look at the car just in terms of German, Japanese and American in every country, every business has stregnths and weaknesses There are huge differences between Toyota and Mitsubishi in terms of quality and reliability that I would not be trust any Mitsubishi product, while Toyota are considered some of the best vehicles on the planet suburban 90 VW could have a lot of electrical faults, while a 90 BMW is almost perfect looking all the country won the using t much when buying cars, you're much better looking society, and better yet, the specific cars themselves are not all Japanese cars are reliable, all American cars are not reliable, and all German cars are expensive These stereotypes will only hurt the car buying process.



Thanks to everyone for all the entries, I understand all opinions that I considered them all and now I have a much better way to look at the car I will buy again thank you.
Im a pizza delivery man and I've worked with guys pizza delivery for years, so I see cars differently, I see them in dollars per mile if gasoline consumption and reliability, and cost are first three factors involved.
All these elements mean that Japanese lol wouldnt touch anything else unless it was free, I drove to death and never changed the oil and abandoned.
Vw people ok, they are a different breed, they are on their car and are familiar with all the parts that break ive had 2 VWS you mind They have their positive atributes, but not reliable, and I ould not trust market used on I guess a vw sale is fuxored and the previous owner knows.
A Toyota Corrola is great, honda civic is great, but they are also inflated.



Too many people look throught the papers used car looking for a Honda Civic and a Toyota truck.
The person I knew who knew better said Nissan Sentra only.
It would also mean a pulsar or nissan Another similar wound by subway, but saw them as closer to discardible because they ERA so cheap to buy.
German cars in general are good that the Japanese may have a quality STT leg, just my opinion.


I am an Asian and I thought South east Japan would be too easy to break compared to American cars of European origin IRATE personally Korean brands such as Hyundai and Kia almost to the bottom, it could be because of where I just in Burma, the roads are pretty bad and Korean car body would deteriorate in a few years Japanese cars last longer and western cars would best work I think.
It could also be just the kind of ppl think of other things like better LOL, Duno how this sentence.
A Toyota Corrola is great, honda civic is great, but they are also inflated these two cars are the ones I hate the most LOL, they are like ipods.








German vs. Japanese vs. American struggle what to buy auto forums and chat automotive industry, German, Japanese, American, they generally frowned.