Tuesday, June 20, 2017

FAQ Registration cars and taxes Europe

No papers? How to get a title for a classic car just



I live in France, I bought a new car from a dealer in Belgium and paid VAT on it now asked to pay again as I car registration in France Surely this is wrong.
YES NO You can not be charged VAT in more than one country, and VAT on cars is payable in the country where they must be registered, ie France not in the country where they are purchased for the rule most other products.
You could have told the dealer that the car was for recording in France, and avoid paying Belgian VAT.
Since you have already paid the Belgian VAT, you should apply for a VAT refund to the Belgian tax authorities, based on evidence from the French authorities that you have registered your car in France within 6 months of first put on the road and before he clocked up 6,000 kilometers.
I plan to buy a car in Germany and France in the lead, where I live How do I save.
Although the car will end up being recorded in France, you still get German license plates to drive in France If the car is new, you should get license plates for transit this you will also avoid having to pay the German VAT If it is a used car, you'll probably get the usual German registration, even for a short period Consider having the car for you sent to France, so you do not need the record in Germany, and compare costs.



I'm British and I retired to Malta I brought my car with me, but when I registered in Malta, I was asked to pay too high duties I thought the import duties have deleted in the single European market.
Import duties were abolished in the EU Maybe the charges are actually vehicle registration and road tax payable on all vehicles registered in any country, regardless of where they come from these taxes are not regulated by Community law, and you must pay them provided they do not discriminate against imported cars, for example, the registration tax should not be higher than the tax value of a similar vehicle already registered in Malta.
I travel from Belgium to Portugal with my car Portuguese registration tax is very expensive is not unfair to have to pay this tax, again when I already paid in Belgium and Portuguese residents pay once on the same car.
Passenger car registration tax is not harmonized at EU countries to the EU level are therefore free to impose a registration tax when a car is registered in their territory for the first time Due disadvantages for people in your situation it is now in every EU country deciding to grant an exemption for displaced cars as part of the modification of the homeowner You must contact the Portuguese authorities to see if your case is eligible for such an exemption, and if so, under what conditions.


I want to buy a car in Germany and bring it back home to Holland to register Do I pay VAT twice and then ask again.
NO Just tell the German vendor you are going to register the car in another country, you only pay VAT while in Holland.








FAQ Registration cars and taxes Europe, registration, taxes, your.