Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Germany Hertz rental car damage scam FlyerTalk Forums

97% Property - economic documentary truth - cut Queuepolitely



We rented a car from Hertz Munich in June 2014 when we took the car, there was no attendant to assist There was a scratch on the car, which was not indicated on the documents we have called the Hertz office, and they said that we must simply indicate on paper and show them to our return the car we have, and also took pictures of the damage and the car in the position that it was parked before we take possession when we came back, we showed the attendant photographs and given paperwork filled, he said he is OK then deducted Hertz a little less Ј500 for damage our credit card without permission and without communication the bill we called customer service and LOGGED an investigation, but refused to give us feedback on more investigation They refuse to respond to our complaints and to ignore ute Communication What should I do to get the matter resolved.
Published wireless BlackBerry BlackBerry8530 5 0 0 1 030 1 MIDP-2 Profile Configuration CLDC-1 1417 VendorID.
Make sure you attach the picture you took of zero when you took the car if it has a time stamp, all the better.
I think Hertz Germany runs regularly some kind of scam like this one on international travelers Too many stories.
We rented a car from Hertz at Munich airport, also in June 2014, when we returned the car, the officer said that each front wheel had scratches on them, I took pictures of the two wheels where attendant claimed the scratches were I have not noticed anything unusual with the wheels when we took the car, but seriously, even with the images, it's almost impossible to see what the clerk said he there was a charge of 670 euros was added to my bill I had AMX AMX insurance and filed the application with all the information above.



Hertz Germany has so far refused to respond to any substantive application AMEX - no evidence of damage, no evidence of repair, no evidence in the papers that the car was out for repair Service Hertz just wants more money without provide no evidence they are entitled.
I think Hertz Germany runs regularly some kind of scam like this one on international travelers Too many stories.
We rented a car from Hertz at Munich airport, also in June 2014, when we returned the car, the officer said that each front wheel had scratches on them, I took pictures of the two wheels where attendant claimed the scratches were I have not noticed anything unusual with the wheels when we oicked the car, but seriously, even with the images, it's almost impossible to see what the clerk said there had a charge of 670 euros was added to my bill AMX AMX I had the insurance, so filed the application with all the information above.
Hertz Germany has so far refused to respond to any substantive application AMEX - no evidence of damage, no evidence of repair, no evidence in the papers that the car was out for repair Service Hertz just wants more money without provide no evidence they are entitled.


I had exactly the same experience Hertz told me they sort with the assurance Amex but just charged my card for around 350EUR for a wheel rim repair estimate I also filed a claim with myself the insurance Amex I called Amex and they dispute the charge reversed in response Hertz Hertz waiting did not address the chargeback, but Hertz and sent the account to collections 18 months later, I explained to agent nobody pays a repair estimate without proper invoice from the repair shop Haven t heard yet.
They are pretty funny stubborn all the stories here were out of the MUC station.
It is not just FRA CUM do the same some are known to consider Germany as Hertz a criminal organization to avoid at all costs, unless you have excessive insurance to forward the request and let them deal with them.
I am from the United States and rent or MUC FRA at least 4 times a year for the past 5 years and have never had a problem.



Smartphones today all have a camera function on them I save a scan over the whole car, including close-ups of the entire front and rear bumpers, each rim and the two mirrors when I take and also when I returned the car I do get an interesting looks at the return of the car, but I've never had a problem.
I have a folder on my computer business that keeps these videos that I should never be charged for the damage.
Technically responsible Hertz can not tell you if they do not have a signed document confirming VPI inspection no damage, but they seem to do, it is the branch that makes up the rights and think they have good insurance that they can cover.
Most businesses can get a repair estimate and estimate expenses, submit to a court and say this is what they demand cash in leiu repairs Legally speaking, they have the right to do so, what you can do is challenge the estimated costs.
I suggest, if you do happen in the future get closed before you hire and the proposed toll bill While technically they can still add charges later, you add weight, it has been checked and confirmed that while you have the bill no charge and registration.



It is always good to take pictures, but in all honesty, they use IPV signature images can be manipulated and the date and time etc. I can always edit it mark the VPI with the lowest mark I see marked several times rather than a big brand excpet for the alloy where I mark the entire tire.
I rented at MUC, and other major German sites several times over the years and also never had a problem.
It is absolutely imperative in Europe you do a thorough check of the car before driving away in it should be a pre-filled in the damage report with the car of our your RA you must, absolutely must, correlating which is marked there with what you see on the car, and if things are missing and they are often, make sure they are added and Hertz initial the additional damage before leaving their establishment.
If you do not do that, especially if you do not take the Hertz insurance, you lie you open to the possibility of the future after you and if you have coverage, remember that the basic level has a very heavy on deductible excess, you might still be charging.
The same advice applies to other European countries, as the Swiss are more picky than the Germans, as expected, and virtually every car seems to be scraped off almost as soon as it happens fleet there it will bundle reports of previous damage in the file that the registration and insurance cover in the glovebox When you return a car there, they meet a new and compare it with that of your contract they have many black and gray cars and airport locations are a little poorly lit, but you should check carefully, or your cost whatsoever upon return.



I rented three times CUM no problem, in January 2014, I rented and had exactly the kind of problem described here - I charged 1180 US everything in euros at the time for a scratch that I the photo documentation of the car pick-up and return, disputed the charge with my credit card Chase Visa BA and won.
Then Hertz Germany sent the amount due to collections anyway I had a debt collector in Ireland send a request and a threatening letter, I responded with all the documents, including the letter from Chase confirming that the the case was closed and decided in my favor it was 2 -3 months I heard anything, but I will never rent from Hertz after Germany.
I rented three times CUM no problem, in January 2014, I rented and had exactly the kind of problem described here - I charged 1180 US everything in euros at the time for a scratch that I the photo documentation of the car pick-up and return, disputed the charge with my credit card Chase Visa BA and won.
Then Hertz Germany sent the amount due to collections anyway I had a debt collector in Ireland send a request and a threatening letter, I responded with all the documents, including the letter from Chase confirming that the the case was closed and decided in my favor it was 2 -3 months I heard anything, but I will never rent from Hertz after Germany.
A good way to deal with but it is the German upper hand so apparently it works on the Germans doesn t work on me.
If you accept the pre-existing damage to the Hertz form part of RA paperwork, then you should have no arguments on the photographic evidence is certainly helpful in the case of disputes, but the damage report you should be invited to sign, a copy of which is filed with Hertz and a copy that you keep when you leave the installation is the key here if there is damage that occurs on the car that has not been reported this, then you will be held responsible, I know it is tedious to check, and dark colored cars in the dimly lit car parks can be difficult to verify, but if you do not you run the risk of stories reported here.



If you accept the pre-existing damage to the Hertz form part of RA paperwork, then you should have no arguments on the photographic evidence is certainly helpful in the case of disputes, but the damage report you should be invited to sign, a copy of which is filed with Hertz and a copy that you keep when you leave the installation is the key here if there is damage that occurs on the car that has not been reported this, then you will be held responsible, I know it is tedious to check, and dark colored cars in the dimly lit car parks can be difficult to verify, but if you do not you run the risk of stories reported here.
I said in my post - I have not signed any damage report when I returned the car, or mention anything about someone charge me for scratches.








Germany Hertz rental car damage scam FlyerTalk Forums, Hertz, Germany, rental.