Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Skeptical in Qatar Doha car inspection

Supercars and luxury cars The Pearl - Qatar



June 2015 update inspected my car and updated the post accordingly There is now a great website with information.
Looking back on my blog I realized that my post on the car inspection process was out of date because it was time for my car inspected I decided not to do what I was doing someone last year pays else to do and go myself so I could experience the adventure firsthand.
This usually means a trip to the industrial zone, which no one looks forward to, but other options are now available There is a website with the places, times and more information.
Someone told me that the center of Wakra has not much of a range so on Wednesday about November 30 I went there hoping to be fast - BAD massive range of something like 50 cars and two garages for testing you'd be in line for something nearly more than two hours, I saw the main center in the industrial park opens at 6 0:00, and it would be before the rush hour in the morning, so I made an early alarm and walked.
The test industrial zone center is located on 24th Street, I suggest looking it up on a map before leaving so you know exactly where it is noted that you have to walk back to enter - a marked corner of Front door 1 entry is not on the main street.
As soon as you enter the door, you will see a security guard Do not pass it, you need to stop and get him a number I did not know what all I knew I had a number so I drove past the security guard, parked, walked into the test center, and went to the reception of information to request a number, to be told that you get the security guard which meant I had to get out, walk to the other end of the parking lot in the heat, to get a security guard number 2015 update this time the security guard didn t hand and just a number m ' led the booth that I mention below it might be because I was there so early, it could distribute numbers later.



There were a lot of cars online before the trial garages and security guard, said a range that I attach so I got into my car and got in line The range was about a dozen cars long and you moved every 3 to 5 minutes 2015 update because I was there early, 6 am Thursday, there was only one car in front of me, in previous years I was there on Saturday around 10-11am had a greater range.
Halfway along you pass a stand When I took the stand I gave the guy my vehicle registration and costs QAR 75 After a minute, he gave me a receipt with my ticket number LA- above, and a plastic sleeve containing my registration and a copy of my receipt which stated inspector copy After you continue to inch along the line to the garage.
Once I got to the garage, I pulled, put the car in park and left the car running, given to the plastic sleeve inspector with my registration and received the copy inspector He looked at the receipt and recording, handed me back my registration, and I left and went into the main building sure to bring your copy of the receipt with you because he has your ticket number on it, he asked s' there was a fire extinguisher in the vehicle so be prepared to report no extinguisher you can buy one in the main building Otherwise, you are not allowed to stay or discuss with the inspectors, you have to go wait in the main building.
In the main building is a small stand with various soft drinks and drinks, another counter with a guy who sells orange juice costs QAR 6, I know because that's what I had, ATM, and about 80 seats at the counter where the employees there was an electronic board flashing your number when your report is ready.
I was a little worried about how long I would be there because there were about 40 guys waiting and only one guy working the counter turns out it was not a complicated process when the inspection is completed, the report is printed and the guy with the types of counters your number on the electronic board, and you go for your report, I maybe waited about 15 minutes and got my report and the car key and went out the door near the counter in front of the door, I came to where my car was waiting in the parking lot near the garage I in the whole process took about 45 minutes, much easier than when I did the last once this center temporary inspection near a supermarket.
But sometimes they will not fail you for the little things that the report contains two sections.



1 Technical requirements are things like your brakes or exhaust are code If you can not do this, you will need to repair your car.
2 legal requirements If there are scratches or other damage will be considered a failure.
Once because I had a few scratches on the inconsiderate door in the parking lot to open the door of their car too hard, inspectors considered a fault and said my car didn t go Seriously, both stripes were about one inch long Apparently, the inspectors are responsible to be careful and write problems My car now part of the legal obligations each year.
So what do you do in this situation go outside and get your car and on the building side is another line with a meeting of the management of foreign ministry with an office that going to a second opinion Lead, give him the report, takes a look, and if he thinks he is a minor, he signs what you can renew your registration, which of course it did in my case.


The fight against the traffic on the way home was more annoying than to inspect my car.
Thus, the inspection is done, and now click on this link to see my post on the renewal of the registration of your car.








Skeptical in Qatar Doha car inspection, inspection.