Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Review of Rainbow Germaniums Active Run

2 x 12 rainbow Vanadium



Some of you may know that I recently acquired some components Germanium Rainbow 2 sets of 6 May woofers, 1 set of tweeters and 2 crossovers I guess they call all dual woofer.
As I actively launches, crossovers are not being used as only one set of 6 5 mid-woofers are installed in my doors and tweeters are installed in the sail panels modified the other set of woofers middle reside on a shelf.
There are about a month and a half months I installed June 5 mid-woofers My first impressions were that they were well, you better mid-range, but not too far different from what has already been installed Hybrid audio L6 mediums pictures click on the following image to advance.
Listening mostly metal rock and acoustic music, a sound with a very good mid-range and punch me was very important at that time, the CDT DRT-26T Do all three domes prefer titanium tweeters were installed I found that the combo sounded good together again find the x-over point where they seemed to mate up well.
After a few weeks of listening these things open as I could not believe in the mid woofers in my doors now had very respectable mid-bass and full-spectrum was very clear and punchy music was actually making me smile uncontrollably when driving around the instruments sounded more like life and the feeling that you were in the room with the drums made with with great dynamic Guitars chewed away authoritatively There was something in her that I rarely experience in a car I was totally surprised and had a bit hard to be honest.
Now, for a long time, I always thought that the DRT-26 tweets are a great set and still make very detailed yet easy on the ears, yes, even titanium But part of me also felt they lacked a some casually and atmosphere in the high register that last bit is just a little slight reproach, honestly, I have not heard many tweets car in a typical sense 2 that make it uniquely least close to being perfectly on the axis.



Fast forward to today His rain, fog, cold Unfortunately, the power of my desktop died yesterday, leaving me bored as hell today so I decided to install the tweeters Germanium CAL 25 Silk VOF I took a set of sail panels that I had bought some time and began to draw them to fit the tweeters and angles appropriately tweets pictures installed in the sail panels click the next image to move forward.
After installing these I tested to make sure they worked P and did a little listening course with off the door panel and does not adjust x-overs still, its not will not sound exactly ideal, but it served the purpose slapped some ensolite behind the sail panels and slapped while back on a few Even fixed vibrations in my door panels with hot glue and then a rapid development session installed photos, click on the following image to advance.
I already knew that the arc tweeters have a lower resonant frequency and also a wider frequency response than CDT, but 2DB lower 90dB 1w 1m sensitivity as opposed to 92dB 1w 1m They also have higher power handling this is all good in my eyes then, the first thing I did was raise the level of each speaker until one iota and then moved to the X-over I tried a few spots and landed on the following Tweet highpass 6 to 1 kHz with a slope of 12dB lowpass mid-woofer 1 25hKhz with a slope of 6 dB; high pass 63Hz with 18dB slope Previously, the combo CDT rainbow was Tweet highpass 2 slope 5kHz 12dB lowpass half to 2 kHz with a 6dB slope, even 63Hz high pass with slope 18dB Mid and Tweet and low high-pass are now and have been a time set at 3 15KHz with 36dB Mid Sub slope high pass and low are 63Hz with 36dB slope.
So I cycled through my hard drive and made some critical listening all I could say and think was wow, these things sound incredible Keep in mind the mid-woofers are broken already, but this is the first time that the tweets were turned Ï continued to listen to different tracks of different styles and productions continue to be impressed They had the lightness and the atmosphere I was looking for was EXCEPTIONAL in detail and handled the x-over point lower giving more excellent software component at mid-range and above all more clearly its imaging was better than ever too Snare drums seemed sitting in the middle and far panned instruments felt like they had the right amount of Vocals distance were crisp and clear throughout I tested still imaging up to level of the dashboard, voice very well placed acoustic instruments sound great, very natur el with excellent dynamics.
Since I was blown away at that point I decided to take a drive and turn them into high enough to get a better idea of ​​what they can do Turning just impressed me even more as I said, details exceptional, clarity and staging, while having zero listening fatigue I can not imagine what they will be like when they're broken in.
The reviews I have not really all they sound friggin great I guess it's not the fanciest looking set textured gray cart around, rubber magnet boot, tweeter simple black grid, but certainly not bother me, they're in a door.


Anyway, that's my review Sorry if its long but I really haven t seen many rainbow here.
Some additional previous drivers side information used in this car CDT HD6, CDT ES-07 Hybrid Audio L6 previous tweeters used in this car DRT-26 only, but in the three varieties of silk, aluminum, titanium head unit Clarion DXZ785USB soon be Pioneer DEX-P99RS under QES CDT-1220 Prototype Clarion amplifiers DPX2251 power mediums, Clarion APX4361 feed tweets, Clarion subwoofer DPX11551 diet.
Last edited by Tama_Drumz_76; 21/02/2012 at 09 h 35.
I'm really curious how rainbows stack against other drivers in specific areas, I guess the ES-07 had enough midbass, but perhaps not quite good medium and what is with the L6 s hat.
In fact, quite the opposite Heh ES-07 s great to mid-range I liked the mid-range, but their mid-bass didn t impress nor are pretty tight sounding speakers for me, they missed some punch their mid-bass would probably be good in a ported enclosure, but in a door, they lacked a little.
Hybrid L6 s are a very robust speaker, well built and great sound Their midrange was a bit more casual than the ES-07 s It took some getting used to, I tend to like fairly present midrange since its most the important frequency for most instruments, especially guitars and voices too, pressure drums held here also with EQing and messing with x-over point I am the 'hybrid sound great tight sound speaker and takes a lot of power without mid-low hitch was definitely an improvement here on the ES-07 s, in this particular installation.



The Rainbows probably the best mid bass in the group, for my installation also probably because of their response flatten the lower midrange is more predominant, have a lot of meat to make them thicker and guitars sound battery The mid-range superior is very bright and catchy, smooth but is much easier to listen to than the ES-07 s, but more present than in the s hybrid.
I hope this helps, other questions feel free to ask.
So all these sets were executed What is your active adjustment system like.
I bought the ES-07 due to the fact that they had to have a stronger mid-range to mid-low, I wanted more midrange-if in mid-low, I could live with that if they were a little tighter sounding they sounded good, do not get me wrong, but they are much more suited to a small ported enclosure.
Yes, all the games have been actively executed the door is closed and several layers of deadener.
I tune the ear usually I do some music production, so I'm not familiar enough with the frequency spectrum and what music should sound like First, I find that the points x-on slopes that s 'mate up well, then I go ahead and adjust the gain of each speaker to try to achieve balance and proper imaging from there, I do everything EQing if necessary.



Last edited by Tama_Drumz_76; 27/04/2010 A 01 16 hours.
Hard to believe that the 25s cal sound better while the DRT can be a little lacking, but a hair EQ toured the mediums L6 far as I know, have the most linear motion in the lower midrange 6 5s they might be a lack of cone area with the phase plug, but im positive they play much higher than the axis of the arc last time I checked the rainbows had 4 mm Xmax to the feeder whatever I'm glad you found a game that makes you smile.
Yes, CAL 25 VOF surprised me quite a bit Listened today on the way to work and that tweet sounds good sound funny, it looks like a dog quite different CDT CDT silk silk while I loved, was very cool, I felt it was missing a detail, aluminum I just didn t like much at all, and titanium as pleased me it was the revelation more detail while being relatively smooth.
Rainbow CAL 25 VOF offered much more detail than the CTE silk dome, more than titanium, I would say, but a little easier on the ears than the silk dome titanium TDC was much softer than silk rainbow I would say it compares silk bow nearest titanium dome in detail all clarity, but without the titanium sound.
On the way home tonight, I moved a little Moved filter the tweet up to 2 kHz highpass and mid 6kHz 1 Slopes lowpass remained the same.



As for midwoofer compared to hybrid It is very well possible that the HAT L6 can go higher in the range that Rainbow environment but its more casual Le Hybrids seemed they were a bit more of a lower end, flexible upper end, but with a good extension of the HAT also appeared to be somewhat less effective While I still generally maintained control of the volume to 28 with Hybrids, I feel 26 with Rainbows is a better match I Hybrids will think the more power however, larger engine and greater voice coil.
I had tried to contact arc a few weeks ago on the Xmax on Germanium mediums because they are not displayed anywhere, not even in the TS sheet, but of course they didn t come back to me because I probably do not know how to ask German no they do not know English, but I'm sure they're more keen on guests speaking their mother tongue.
Yes, CAL 25 VOF surprised me quite a bit Listened today on the way to work and that tweet sounds good sound funny, it looks like a dog quite different CDT CDT silk silk while I loved, was very cool, I felt it was missing a detail, aluminum I just didn t like much at all, and titanium as pleased me it was the revelation more detail while being relatively smooth.
Rainbow CAL 25 VOF offered much more detail than the CTE silk dome, more than titanium, I would say, but a little easier on the ears than the silk dome titanium TDC was much softer than silk rainbow I would say it compares silk bow nearest titanium dome in detail all clarity, but without the titanium sound.
On the way home tonight, I moved a little Moved filter the tweet up to 2 kHz highpass and mid 6kHz 1 Slopes lowpass remained the same.
As for midwoofer compared to hybrid It is very well possible that the HAT L6 can go higher in the range that Rainbow environment but its more casual Le Hybrids seemed they were a bit more of a lower end, flexible upper end, but with a good extension of the HAT also appeared to be somewhat less effective While I still generally maintained control of the volume to 28 with Hybrids, I feel 26 with Rainbows is a better match I Hybrids will think the more power however, larger engine and greater voice coil.



I had tried to contact arc a few weeks ago on the Xmax on Germanium mediums because they are not displayed anywhere, not even in the TS sheet, but of course they didn t come back to me because I probably do not know how to ask German no they do not know English, but I'm sure they're more keen on guests speaking their mother tongue.
PM Don 6spdcoupe It is the regional rainbow NE and da man representative.








Review of Rainbow Germaniums Active Run, examination, rainbow, active.