Thursday, January 11, 2018

For RHD LHD Conversion Facts

Toyota Celica Fix - conversion RHD to LHD headlights



I am starting this thread in response to the RHD to LHD debates that have been popping up quite frequently.
For starters, many people who want to convert their cars tend to display popular ads for only the steering rack and table fascia board it's more that I'm going to list here, some models may require more or less, but in general you shopping list should look like this.
A steering rack 2 fascia Dash some recent models have a solid steel frame that supports the dashboard, pedal box, the heating unit of the air conditioner and the steering column 3 pedal box very 4 critical very critical steering column 5 group certain models of instruments have a symmetric cluster, so will fit both LHD and RHD 6 complete set of heater air conditioning across the entire width of the car, behind the dashboard, reviews pipes 7 high pressure aircon 8 arm of the wiper assembly mechanism 9 center console some models have inclined console towards the driver 10 shift control with automatic release button only 11 Dash wiring harness or a harness RHD may be extended, if the technician knows his onions, while retaining the ability OBD EOBD OBDI I 12 aircon heating air ducts 13 Glovebox some models have a symmetrical glove box lid, so will adapt RHD and LHD 14 handbrake lever car if it is unique and RHD RHD models.
3 pedal box Normally, the pedals are inclined to make the most of the space in the footwell Transferring a RHD setting up a layout of LHD is dangerous technicians usually fold them in shape, to enable them to operate within the LHD footwell Unfortunately, two things happen - the pedals shorter, and worse, the spaces between the tighten, particularly on manual cars is not uncommon to find these bodged cars with pedals so close, in an emergency situation, where we can have the intention to dab on the brake pedal gets stuck on the gas pedal, and may slam into the car in front, or that they were trying to avoid in the first case, it could be a child the foreign configuration also restricts the free movement of the pedal cord and gas pedal may seem steep, and often the engine speed will be more Elev than normal, the pedal often doesn t fully return to the idle position.



4 Steering column The steering column on cars LHD and RHD are different, the bracketry which supports is also different, and when a RHD column is used in a car LHD, the technician attempt to weld on a plain support support the middle and upper part of the column bearing housing These supports will weaken, due to the fact of the steering shaft runs at an angle, it wasn t designed course, it will bear a greater load crude carrier supporting it, causing it to bend Several rounds later, stress cracking can occur, and the welds could break, I must say not what happens if suddenly detached steering column at a time criticism, perhaps for exceeding a fuel tanker.
6 full set of air heater conditioning This is an element s often overlooked RHD and LHD assemblies should not be adapted to operate on the wrong side pipes coming from the compressor of the condenser receiver dryer via the firewall, in which the evaporator is located behind the dashboard are extremely high pressure If the aluminum tubes are forced folded up, chances are that they will crack, and any refrigerant R134-A is not flammable, it is toxic, and cause instant frostbite if it comes into contact with the flesh of the skin in addition, if the heating pipes split, at best, you end up with your feet scalded by the boiling refrigerant.
The cars were all RHD heating air conditioning modified to work in a LHD layout rarely work properly Oh, the cold air will come out well, but sometimes not by the ventilation holes in the table edge as the pipe that directs air to the vents is either missing or don t aligned with the dashboard LHD Thus, the air finally come places they shouldn t - ashtray, stereo open on only your feet etc.
Of course, the wiring is also a problem - I have had emails with images, where the cars were so poorly translated it Sá wonder they haven TSET cars down the most recent was a lady client my friends, who has exported its 2006 Mercedes CLK 230 Kompressor last March, and after conversion of 3 days per one store to Lagos, the whole closed car the entire edge of the harness, which is the central point of electronic distribution, molten Fortunately the battery didn t have enough reserves, otherwise the car caught fire.
I had to send him a new harness LHD dashboard, the original was too far away to save a new ECU and the entire air conditioning heating, as did the fact that it was an adaptation RHD unit , melted wiring harness had holes burned in it, it ended with a bill of myself a little less than 5,800 it was at cost too, then add the committed work at a dealership main Mercedes-Benz, it was a costly lesson.



So guys, please, going for a conversion LHD, don t limit your list to just the obvious immediate purchases - steering rack and fascia of the dashboard, it is the conversion as some of these items, such as management, pedals, etc. Could put your life in danger, not to mention your family and other road users pedestrians Do your homework when you find a competent engineer to perform the conversion, it either in Nigeria or the UK, please, please do your own research in the store, you're using, ask questions - you can pull on that thread, if you feel you need to know more, I am too happy to give advice.
I always take pictures as I progress in a RHD conversion LHD, so that the customer has at least one idea behind the dashboard resembles Once s all bolted in place, it is very unlikely you will ever the chance to see what is hidden in the short to remove the dashboard fascia you.
Moderator Monitor_1, I would appreciate if this thread could be stickied, many Nigerians at home and abroad, can benefit and use it as a checklist when considering a conversion.
Whatever you decide to do, please be vigilant and stay safe.
Siena, what is the price range for these conversions and this discount may your wifey me of course wait.



If you ask me, I say to contact a broker based in Jenju States Babeisme, et al get ur free and car problems, I agree.
I guess those of RHD cars they wish to convert are those living in the UK, and already happen to have a brand new car, up to 6 years and are either relocate on a short visit to Nigeria.
Of course, if the car is new, it is perfectly understandable that they'll want to keep an LHD conversion is not a problem, as long as it is done correctly.
SIENA but seriously, what is the average cost of converting a RHD car to LHD pls just an estimate.
SIENA but seriously, what is the average cost of converting a RHD car to LHD pls just an estimate prices I give the actual price that I know what the parts cost, so do not give estimates prices I give are what is to be paid, no more, no less.
But I need a brand model price conversion, there are hundreds of models out there, and the cost of conversion for all vary.



But I need a brand model price conversion, there are hundreds of models out there, and the cost of conversion for all vary Can you use the above example of a CLK for us give an estimate.
My thought is that 2006 might be worth CLK 17k UK, a 350 clk Conv in America they have a gift 230komp t cost you maybe 25k 18k.
Assuming clearing and shipping charges are the same for simplicity and using the figures respectively.
There is of course a sentimental value in a car you owned from new, you know how it's been used and there is a cost involved in both go to someone or America to get the commissioning for you.
We must weigh the above cost compared to conversion costs.
Personally, I think people are looking for the original cost of the car, in the above case maybe 35k as opposed to replacement cost.



Mercedes Benz CLK is 1,850 including parts and labor.
If you ask me, I say to contact a broker based in Jenju States Babeisme, et al and get ur car trouble free The subject is Rhd to Lhd conversion Why not let the people who benefit from doing this instead of derail the thread.
Mercedes Benz CLK is 1,850 including parts and labor, which is much less than expected.
This is not a matter of derailing the thread Pro, Siena gave a 1850 citation book Knowing Nigerian factor really well, very few dealers chose to go in the way to get it done correctly owners Even end users can sometimes balk at the cost as shown Mastro so the question is are you willing to put ur life on the line in the hope that her well.
It's always an advantage wherever you people live in Europe have the advantage in electrical appliances that you can buy things and take the house and just use it We can not do much of that from here we worry not down etc. And it still works sometimes working right but we can ship cars and take it home and start driving the next day our advantage.



So if you can do it correctly, is not worth the gamble And for those who say I'm benefit if recommended dealers in the United States, how about going to other European countries Germany, France, Belgium unless they are closer and make it happen Do ur car or properly.
This is not a matter of derailing the thread Pro, Siena gave a 1850 citation book Knowing Nigerian factor really well, very few dealers chose to go in the way to get it done correctly owners Even end users can sometimes balk at the cost as shown Mastro so the question is are you willing to put ur life on the line in the hope that her well.
It's always an advantage wherever you people live in Europe have the advantage in electrical appliances that you can buy things and take the house and just use it We can not do much of that from here we worry not down etc. And it still works sometimes working right but we can ship cars and take it home and start driving the next day our advantage.
So if you can do it correctly, is not worth the gamble And for those who say I'm benefit if recommended dealers in the United States, how about going to other European countries Germany, France, Belgium unless they are closer and make it happen Do ur car or properly.
Shortcuts can sometimes be a bia Siena, Sorry to derail your thread again.



Promise72, if you ask me, I think the 1850 quote is quite good considering the good work you will form Siena and back to your question if I will risk my life on a car converted, well, if done correctly, it a gamble or risk.
Siena This really is the wisdom behind the conversion of RHD LHD vehicles.
My personal belief is, since officially was abolished HR Drive in Nigeria there are over 3 decades Why not Nigeria just the right thing and import what is legally accepted here.
I personally came across someone who almost lost his life in the 3rd Mainland Bridge in Lagos, Nigeria when the wheel of his converted bus came to moving the rack.
I had the opportunity to drive the bus and I had to be very careful As you explained the pedals too close.
As for me, I'll go for a LHD a day when I do Wahala AS.



Promise72, if you ask me, I think the 1850 quote is quite good considering the good work you will form Siena and back to your question if I will risk my life on a car converted, well, if done correctly, it a gamble or risk.
I think the quote is good as its excellent price, its on par with some quotes that I have seen companies in Japan, but I bet you, people who bring in cars UK for sale wish to spend a lot because it will eat into profit where shortcuts Even people who bring in cars for personal use may be tempted to go for the conversion N150,000 cheap or in Ladipo Oshodi.
If well done by a pro like Siena, then its no problem shaking Not as the saying goes.
The moral of the story is simple If you're going to do it, so get it done right from a Pro Otherwise, your A on the line.
Siena Siena Wow is really cheap, I wanted to send a car to the United Kingdom of Stutggart here and was told to bring Euro 5200 to change the car LHD to RHD, the guy said it was harder to do the opposite, hence the high price he was charging, can you confirm the price developments LHD RHD over to RHD LHD.
It is more difficult to tell me it please reverse conversion Which car do you think is German.



Quote not cheap thats needed is the right price simple science.
But for those who lives in Belgium, Germany and co, thats should or must be less than the UK cuz the pieces comes easily to those countries.
2 lots cart smelly mouth to brush your teeth here ur plz.
U mind there are good mechanics in nigeria home as well; just make sure u pay for the necessary complete parts.
And for those who have an accident admire old involves The HD conversion, although aint accident welllu only limits to the conversion LHD u know.



If he said he did for 2750, glances would have no choice but to attend because he is good at what he does, it's cheap, make beautiful Ya'bad commot for hia superman wannabes.
Don t mind jare, at least you'll be saving me a lot of money, convert the buggy CLK, I must spend more N750,000 buying a Toyota or Cashmoni N550,000 on golf SMALLMONEY again.
It is as easy to do If the reverse conversion What car do you please tell me that he is German Im not into cars just heard my husband saying through his friend in the UK, I now ask him I'm not sure if its Audi anyway.
What are the German and Japanese cars i get confused sometimes.



Im not in the cars just heard my husband saying through his friend in the UK, I will ask him now I do not know if his Audi anyway are the German and Japanese cars i get confused sometimes.
Siena, why you should empty all trifle h s for me, I procured your back anyday, I'm the one who deserves you, I am meek and gentle as they come.
Said America is not was never ever.
Last time I arrived, I have not heard of people falling over themselves to high-paying Guys Specs United Kingdom United States Sh t What a UK Benz resembles the interior fabric, manual transmission, manual window, sometimes no AC motor, Lil Bitty 2 0L Yikes i need a handkerchief to wipe my tears.



Even people looking for the U K U S Spec cars all day at least the most intelligent was not sure talk bou t u.
Im not in the cars just heard my husband saying through his friend in the UK, I will ask him now I'm not sure if its Audi anyway.
What German cars and Japanese I sometimes confuse sister here sign.
If he said he did for 2750, glances would have no choice but to attend because he is good at what he does, it's cheap, make ya ' bad beautiful commot body hia superman wannabe busy.



I'm not superman wanbe, can prove my point if their breasts hahha aint wrong.
I'm not superman wanbe, can prove my point if their breasts hahha aint wrong.
Sorry Is Ikeyman00 or ikeyman00 which is the double of two, you simply reserve a date to register and get married and become, you have so much love for each other, I dey jealous u.
So how do you know the fact about the same price and can you recommend somewhere in Nigeria, where it can be done correctly.



Well, as I always say these maggots cant fake me; they tried they fail.
Now for the skeptics, tell me why someone will use my username ikeymanoOO.
Im the real superman u talkin ha love the miller know better.
I am friend of the family, my husband sisters, etc. Makes them in Nigeria, you know, and I'm connecting to naija u can send someone around lagos tp go and check u dnt need to listen to all the bull crap here, yes it can be done in nigeria for real, but u will cost just a little cheaper than here in the UK.



I put both your names in Osisi and Earthmama ago register 2 months of marriage, what God has joined.
One thing I know is u can get 406 peug done with ease in less than a week in naija, 1 cheaper u know I would say at least 250,000 u lookin like a little more than a thousand books like.
So for people from the UK that WANA send nigeria car for their personal use, hey well take advantage of right credit crunch, buy 406 peug cuz demand in the UK is less therefore cheaper, u be lookin like emm 500 600 700 with the dealer on the right, 500 right shippin, key arin say like a mile right then u got roundin total car expenses emm 500, 600, 500 shiippin clearin 1000 1000 3000 conversion right.
K if emm 3000 or less em less than 700,000 for a car 10 years wooooooooooooooo aint even condemned.



I Don wire finisss walahi opppp I'm not a vampire ooooo 1 of them hah.
Alternatively, u can buy and parked i n naija, so when u received money for conversion into convienence ur, u go.
Ikeyman you are so good, thank you for that information.
Whereabout are you in the UK Do you know that the current rate of the pound is Naira now I am almost crazy when he started to fall and fell as low as N184 1 My 1000 almost wan savings turn into N1,000 before my eyes korokoro.







For RHD LHD Conversion Facts, conversion, set heating air conditioning, the cars sometimes confusing, just heard cars.