Thursday, December 28, 2017

Portuguese taxes on cars Imposto Sobre VeГculos e Imposto Гљnico of Circulação

Spiderman | rhymes for children | Car cartoon for babies



Since 1988 he is in Portugal a tax called Imposto AutomГіvel IA - car tax you have to pay indirectly when you buy a new car, the importer pays the government and included in the final price.
This tax is calculated by multiplying the cubic centimeters displacement of the engine of the car with a value less a preset You can see the current rates here page 10.
One reason why this tax is much maligned in Portugal is because AI is subject to VAT Imposto Valor Acrescentado IVA - VAT to 21.
When buying a new car, you pay the base price of the car IA 21 IVA VAT.


In 2006, the government decided to add functions to an environmental component Componente Ambiental to tax it still called IA Imposto AutomГіvel but 10 of the total tax revenue should be calculated in terms of CO2 emissions of the car.
Next July 2007, that percentage will increase to 30, and in January 2008 it should represent 60 of the total tax revenue, the tax name change from IA to Imposto Sobre VeГ culos ISV - Vehicle Tax.
In addition to the rise of the component of the environment, the government has decided that part of the tax should be transferred from the purchase to traffic.
So far, the income of the road tax, called Imposto Municipal sobre VeГ culos City tax vehicle, go to the city where the vehicle was registered value of this tax is quite low was you can see the current rates here.



The tax due when buying a car ISVs should lower the average tax of 10, but the circulation, now called Imposto Гљnico of CirculaГ ГЈo IUC - Tax-way traffic, payable annually, greatly increase an average of 300 -500 You can see future rates here ISV and IUC here.
Cars registered before July 2007 will pay IUC according to the current values ​​for always cars registered after July 2007 will pay the new values.
Used vehicles imported from salary ISV Country When importing a European Union country there is a given reduction depending on the age, the more bigger discount from imported vehicles in July pay exactly the same IUC that new vehicles pay This is an effort by government to reduce the import of used cars much cheaper than new vehicles you can see the reduction percentages here.
If you are moving to Portugal, and want to bring your car along, you are exempt from ISVs There are three conditions that you must meet to be exempt - you must be over 18 and have a driving license for over 12 months - you must provide documents proving that you were living in another country for at least 12 months, a statement by an official entity - such as an embassy, ​​and some home bills received or social security records of the income tax - you can not sell the car for at least 12 months after the Portuguese record.
You will have to personally visit the Portuguese customs AlfГўndega and explain your intentions, you can find Alfandega multiple addresses here.
Sorry, but due to some weather holds, I am not able to answer other questions.



Could someone please explain to me in detail how ISVs is calculated for a vehicle with more than 1250 cc engine-what to pay в January 03 by DC for the first 1 250 cc less в 740 55 в 4 84 per cc less в 5362 67 or can pay в 4 84 per cc less в 5362 67 for the whole movement of the motor, as well as tax based on the CO2 - In the first case for an engine 1500 cc should pay в 1 03X1250 - в 740 55 в 4 84x 1500 - 1250 - 5362 в tax base 67, more CO2 - in the second case for an engine 1500 cc should pay в 4 84x1500 - в 5362 tax base 67, more CO2 Thank you.
I recently visited AlfГўndega after a judgment of the accident to the police and PROVE I had been here less than 6 months, I am now a month to decide what to do with my car in the UK.
Its only value so ВЈ150 all costs to register don t seem worth it, I was told that I could either officially register; remove from Portugal; or give them to die in their car cemetery.
In principle, I hate to see a perfectly good car go to waste Are there other options Am I allowed to disassemble and sell the parts Can I take to Spain for six months Can I take the road and use it on my private land like a sculpture because there is no place for the lead.
Basically, if it's not a car more, i e off-road and not working, I can keep other ideas.
I'm not interested in buying Portugal, a van used eg Ford Transit or whatever from a dealer, for non-commercial personal use example, if the price was announced в 10,000 with the comment Deduz IVA qu'est- Does that mean that I would pay A big thank you in anticipation.



My answer to all taxes is - I DRIVEA bike and pay no taxes.
I live in Portugal for three years, I want to buy a bike from a friend in Italy and imported into Portugal, I can bring him here as his registration and insurance, but I'm not clear on what that it do when I get here as the documents will not be in my name.
Strange said nothing about the tax software company is illegal under the EU's first rule that states that no goods in the EU are taxed twice, Portugal did with this tax, ISVs all used cars are underestimated in the country where they were purchased for the first time this tax, ISV is also discrimination against people Portugues when they can not afford imported cars, all citizens other EU countries can do.
PB, it is best to contact an agency that is abble to answer your doubts, I do not think you need the law itself, but if you have your doubts, it will be better.
Cumprimentos JosГ Carlos Sanches DocumentaГ ГЈo AutomГіvel 1994 Lisboa desde Setubal.



A big thank you for this useful information could someone please provide the official Portuguese text of the law relationship say that the citizens of other countries who bring their own car are exempt from paying the software publisher to provided they fulfill the three conditions the top of this page.
A big thank you for this useful information could someone please provide the official Portuguese text of the law relationship say that the citizens of other countries who bring their own car are exempt from paying the software publisher to provided they fulfill the three conditions the top of this page.
I wonder how I will pay for a BMW 320D Regester planning to return to Portugal in two years, I've been in the UK for 5 years now and I would benifit from imigrant state What do I obtain the required documents.
Hello, I'm moving in Faial, Azores with my girlfriend and we both bring a car I owned my car for more than 12 months and bought my car in Germany should be exempted from taxes and considered moving goods- is that okay.
The other car is a Ford LKW TTS e plano Diesel erst zulassung atГ aprovaГ ГЈo - December 21, 2009 Hubraum capacidade - 2496cm3 g CO2 km - there are no values ​​written in the newspapers the cost of the car - в 1300 - 2 seats.



Would you please help me with the cost I'm not sure in the table to use thank you for your help, kim howard.
Hi, I live in the US, but I'm not thinking of going to Portugal and send a car with me, do you know what is required Thank you.
As a tourist, you can keep your vehicle in Portugal for a maximum of 180 days over a period of 12 months provided it is for your own private use and you do not lend to someone else during this period do not go unaccompanied leaving your vehicle If you do, you may be subject to a fine.
The above is extracted from the view of the site of the Foreign Office to British citizens driving in Portugal My situation is very similat than Miles April 10, 08 and what I want to know is; which means unaccompanied While I'm out of Portugal, the vehicle will be stored in a private garage Is counts as unaccompanied.



Hi, I just found a 1996 car, CC 1400 I want to buy here in Porto I wondered how I calculate tax payments by year because I heard more and more fo cars before 2000.
Hi, I am living and working in Portugal since 2005 and was driving my car with a German license plate, which was certainly not correct.
In February the GNR knocked on my door, they blocked the car and I was fined with 170 в I already paid Now I have to legalize the car and went to Alfandega They said my possibilities are to legalize в 5400, export or abandon the car Since 1999, it is not worth to spend money on this issue I have a chance to legalize without paying taxes Tx, Marco.
I moved my residence from Germany to Portugal and my wife in 1997 cc; Emission of CO2 220 g km.
It makes perfect sense that John Sullivan said that if a Community citizen changed his residence from one EU Member State to another, he didnt have to pay ISV course, there are many conditions, but the one of them is that the car you're importing must have been registered in your name for at least 12 months after the return date you become resident in Portugal of 010109 importing a car in Portugal is become very expensive because the government has not found a way to really briljant calculate the ISV Even you must pay for a car nine years as John's is the way I am not an English speaker, but I I gave it my best.
Shame Maybe someone else can post a comment clarifying the above statement makes no sense to me.



Used vehicles imported from salary ISV Country When importing a European Union country there is a given reduction depending on the age, the more bigger discount from imported vehicles in July pay exactly the same IUC that new vehicles pay This is a government effort to reduce the import of used vehicles much cheaper than new vehicles.
The reduction for employees, the EU imported vehicles still going in 2009 to six years 52 As far as I understand, all vehicles P, whether imported or not, or USWE again pay the IUC the annual circulation tax, which is attached.
So what is the big difference How government efforts in any way affect the import of used vehicles.
Hi I live in Gibraltar for 15 years and was going to buy a car here and take it with me when I retire in Portugal about July August next year after being informed of your great site, it seems that this is not now possible as I would not have had the car for 12 months, I'm going to have to use my current car is 9 years old when I move to Portugal, it has a gasoline engine 2-liter Honda Prelude Could you s' please give an idea how much it will cost to bring the country Unfortunatley my command of Portuguese is not good but if I can not use the calculation tables of the costs involved I noticed in one of your answers you spoke of a AgГЄncia of DocumentaГ ГЈo Would one of these agencies are able to help me with the paperwork matter the car my plan now, after the period of 12 months to sell my life ily and buy a car in Portugal.
This website is really good for people in our position, keep the good work.
I waited for a response from this site for months - shame they used to be so fast and friendly - I would sure your MoT Portugal is not valid for the purposes of insuarace, or driving Safest bet must be getting a UK ticket That said, if you get a favorable response from the DVLA, please post here.



I was in Portugal with my car between 8 February and 08 May and my UK MOT expired on March 06, and I just went to PortimГЈo technical inspection station and put my vehicle Now I'm back in the United Kingdom and I emailed and faxed my question UK DVLA but still no response from them two weeks later.
I was in Portugal with my car between 8 February and 08 May and my UK MOT expired March 6 and I just went to PortimГЈo technical inspection station and put my vehicle Now I'm back in the UK -um and I emailed and faxed my question UK DVLA but still no response from them two weeks later.
Hello, If I move to Portugal, import my car, and benefit from a tax exemption because of my previous residence in the EU, what happens if I want to buy a new car, and sell the car, I 'imported I can do so without penalty Thanks.
Table B is applicable to both types of vehicles - new cars which do not have approval vans CO2 emissions, etc. - imported cars first registered in the country of origin was before 1970.
Hi, Thanks for the reply What the chart b refer, please just commercial or non-homogeneous and a Г Esta tabela B aplicada a todos os veГ culos Cujas emissГμes CO2 nГЈo estejam homologadas, nomeadamente todos os veГ culos comerciais sujeitos ao imposto.



- people who bought a new used car before 1 July 2007, as of 1 January 2008 have to pay the UCI over the month license plate or the date of first registration in Portugal if they coincide t.
- people who bought a new car from 1 July 2007 before, must pay IUC for the first time up to 90 days from the date of the license plate and each subsequent year in the month of the plate registration.
You have to pay ISV accordingly moving the engine and CO2 emissions during the inspection, in the recording of the legalization process, CO2 emissions will be measured and analyzed the results will be used to calculate the tax payable.
Being an older vehicle with a large displacement engine, you can expect a high value of CO2 therefore, be aware that the amount of the tax will be important You can find the current rates here first two tables.
Imagine that emissions of CO2 of the car are not unusual 300g km For your reference, you would pay just to 4621,50в the ISV Do not forget the annual fee, IUC, which would, using the values above 561, 60в year.



Por falta Manifesta tempo nГЈo me possГ vel But Г Ó answering questГμes of colocadas, COME acontecia atГ agora Tenha isso em consideraГ ГЈo colocar quando o seu comentГЎrio, obrigado COMENTГЃRIOS COM Linguagem IMPRГ PRIA SERГѓO APAGADOS.








Portuguese taxes on cars Imposto Sobre VeГculos e Imposto Гљnico of Circulação, Portuguese, taxes, cars, imposto.