Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Porsche 944 Project Try to find a better 80s German sports car for the money of the Great Nostalgic

Macklemore & RYAN LEWIS - DOWNTOWN (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)



Porsche 944 Project Try to find a better 80s German sports car for the money.
So I fell on the Porsche 944 of Gavin Arnold building wire on one of the forums that I visit regularly and I thought I'd share it here with everyone The project made it all started with a bad buy off eBay, a 1984 944 Lux, which was in poor condition generally.
Needing some bit, he went to see a local Porsche breaker to pick another door, while he was there but it fell on a better shape shell 944 Needless to say, the bearing shell was purchased and the plan was to share bits of the 944 bought off eBay, but little Did he know that Porsche updated and changed a lot of components from year to year, so that wasn t going Back to work Porsche breaker, he who took the old car in part exchange parts he needed a good low mileage engine was also purchased in the slot.
After some cosmetic mechanical bits as a set of large wheels AZEV A, coilovers, brakes 944 turbo 964 interior it looks like this.



Gavin said he bought a lot of cars and 944 was just another car at the start, but when I tried to replace it with the next deal, I was a bit lost What other classic German sports cars of the 80s are so cheap especially as it was over 25k in 1986 and it will not lose value few cars have such premium cheap insurance and MAG is very nice too, it's well built, simple, easy to work and reliable low car ownership constraint.
The 944 is unloved and misunderstood, I wanted to change it in a way that makes the best of what is already there, and I know he did a lot of people see the 944 in a different light Being the cheap porsche it is often ill-mods and tasteless rejuvenating its status even further.
I've never really been a big fan of the Porsche 944, but this example has opened my eyes to how amazing they can watch, and as mentioned by Gavin are really misunderstood I really like the arches and the front elegant with pop-up headlights I also had the opportunity to ask Gavin he aims with this project.
I want a complete, 80 classic look, 300 hp, nothing new style or bling The kind of car you would find in a German 80 tuning mag The only thing I want now is a second set of wheels, BBM picture with rays Golden.
Something I can understand, and it's probably why I love Gavin s 944 as I'll be honest view it 944 made me watch the ads for.
Gavin is already on the way to 300 hp with a K26 turbo conversion that is currently underway, which should make it about 280-300bhp predicts later he is considering moving to the Turbo K26-8 that will bring the power up to about 330 horsepower, which should be good fun.



Gavin is no stranger to classic cars, he not only had a great number, but it actually works as a restorer of classic car.
I work as a classic car restorer I drive people XK150s and Ferrari Dinos every day and it is the enormous diversity that makes it clear to me what I want a car I owned more than 200 cars and found 80 that is German, he does it for me, I like the 911 owned a 930 and SC, but I just can not justify the prices they now demand.
A real passion for classic car, who works the overnight and still has the energy to create the striking example that was above What is surprising is that this is not his only project that s works.
Good luck Gavin with the rest of the project, or should I say the projects he has on a little luck the fire once it's all done, I'll come across it in some shows this year take some pictures of what I'll leave you with one last comment from Gavin that really shows how much of a petrol head, it is.



There are two types of car nut, who began driving at 17 and found love car, or those like me who knew most of the cars at the age of 5 and all I was thinking .







Porsche 944 Project Try to find a better 80s German sports car for the money of the Great Nostalgic, porsche, project, find better.