Monday, October 30, 2017

JVTE @

Kutty Chutties 03.12.2017 Sun TV Tamil



NB His wife Antje van der Tuin Bijlsma; her sister Maaike Kroon Bijlsma.
It is worth mentioning that none of the families that we protected accept payment from us for costs and had in all respects extremely taken care of us.
My first contact with underground activity was in May 1944, when Jacob Kuipers Wolvega came to me to find places for two Jewish children.
Our domestic situation changed when we received a Jewish girl of twenty years in our house; the story told was that she was a niece Strangers never had the slightest suspicion about his stay unfortunately could not be more than half a year, because we had quite a small house and inadequate sleeping quarters.
Later, in mid-November 1944, I received a visit from Jan van der Veer Wolvega, who came to ask me if I could hide weapons and ammunition for the metro Despite the fact that my wife it is opposed to this, I took the task upon myself, it supported the goal, but was afraid of the danger inherent It was agreed that the equipment would be taken a few days later, between seven and eight o clock in the evening by a couple of people in the city, with the help of a number of police officers.



A few days later, Jeep Kroondijk Jan Kooistra and Carper police, Caro Koopmans appeared the next day, Jan Kooistra would go to someone else to inspect the equipment During the inspection, I quickly noted that the other person was a true professional soldier he seemed to be M. Wierda.
In the loft above the kitchen, will be checked a bag of explosives was hidden These lay in water for transport by a small boat and had to dry for two or three days in the attic later, explosives see if they were still usable.
I had tried to find a safer place, but it seemed to be almost impossible because there was no other suitable dry, that the enemy would not be able to find Thus, the material remained in the same place.
Later, weapons were polished and greased in the stable by Henk Oord, Willem Keetman, Roelof Koning and Bauke Span The children were sent on an errand that day my brother.
This way, all remained calm until the time on 9 February to August 30 hours in the morning, my sister-Wolvega came with new Kuipers came and what is in your house has to be eliminated throw it in the ditch if necessary You also have to go out, because the Germans might well find today, they have been Wolvega and took Bonny Biersma with them.
Immediately after, with the help of my wife, I threw everything into the ditch, which was about a hundred meters from our house There was really no time to think about where else the material could be hidden from the Germans during we were busy with this, my sister stayed with the children when the work was done, my left sister, she took a bottle of milk with her, she came regularly to us for this purpose I returned to see if there were any traces left on top of our work I found some instructions that had fallen from a bag at the hasty removal immediately after clearing it, I saw my sister back quickly call on his bike Make sure you walk away, because they come immediately, I heard and saw a German car arriving from a distance of a hundred meters or so.



Now behind our house there was a hedge behind which was a field that was about a hundred meters wide and other hedges and fields This gave me the opportunity to quickly get out of sight of the Germans I quickly made my escape on foot in this flight, I lost a wooden shoe after that I had to go through a couple more ditches and barbed wire fences Finally I came to another farm, where I felt I could trust the farmer in a few words, I told him about the danger and threat I quickly received a wooden shoe and was given a shovel to go a little further to hunt moles and level molehills.
Meanwhile, I paid great attention to the environment It did not take long to see the Germans walk in another farm building, which was a few hundred meters Because I continued to work, they thinking of me and left a short later Meanwhile, I went away from my house because I did not trust to the area a few hours later, I came to a decent knowledge of trust; I asked him to check with my sister how things had gone home, he returned with the news that nothing was found and that the Germans had already left a short time before.
At this stage, I went home it was already past a clock o Thereafter, I went by bicycle to a cousin in Oldelamer.
It later emerged that we were very lucky, we lived on a sand road, which was nearly a kilometer of paved road the Germans had first passed to another firm which had kept them busy for one hour quarter Perhaps this was intended by their prisoner give us a little time, but we will never know with certainty.
Military Authority Do not stand on military vehicles because you and cause slowdowns in military traffic and cause difficulties for drivers, which is punishable by transportation.



There were a total of ten or eleven men in our place, while two men with a transport truck stayed on the paved road waiting When they came home, they had a man chained with them, with whom they directly went to the shed where the weapons were hidden my wife immediately understood that it could no longer claim ignorance the inmate appeared later M. Wierda being that my wife does not recognize him because he was was completely shackled.
After a long search, they finally came to talk to my wife Their first question is that my sister has been done for us Fortunately, she could show them her milk bottle, she still was not allowed to leave they then asked my wife where the branches that had covered the weapons in the shed had been moved my wife said Oh, they are long gone, they were there for one night, it was far too dangerous for us, I know where they are then they naturally asked where they were now and had taken them away and if they had been removed with a car for this, my wife said she did not know because they have been kidnapped night, because otherwise we would have betrayed these people during this, a German found my identity card, and then they told my wife that I could come on Tuesday at Crackstate German HQ in Heerenveen to recover if I told them the truth, nothing happen to me if I do not come, they would burn our house down Having interviewed many and research, they left after a few hours they have with them butter, bacon and a pig that had just been killed the day before, we had to share with my sister later that evening, my wife let him stay with acquaintances in Wolvega that evening, our largest household products were removed by relatives and neighbors, loaded on a wagon and delivered the next day at the home of Jeep Kroondijk in Nijeholtpade few days later, all the livestock was removed early in the morning by metro and aid and taken to farms in Oldelamer I was at that time in Oldelamer, but the next morning, Henk Oord and Gerrit Spiele came by at six o'clock to tell me that my wife and children were in Wolvega and the off Product Household costs were stored safely.
The same evening, a picture was taken of me in order to make a new ID card and so a few days later, I became J van der Laan, a farmer and breeder, evacuated from Meijel Limburg also the card identity my wife has been modified so that it matched my card.
Henk Oord led me to Oldeberkoop a week later to AJ Schotanus home, where my wife and youngest son had arrived the day before the two older children had been brought to my parents in law in Oldeouwer, because he had become too dangerous to keep them with us because they might say too After being there for five weeks, the Germans arrived in three cars Our first thought was that they came naturally to us, because we knew that the Germans in Wolvega was a spy whose task was to find us and who we knew was also visiting family members for some time a search was made to find another place for us, but had found nothing satisfactory.
There were already two fugitives to a place Schotanus was twenty and Mr. P Meerse Dr. Witteveen, who was released from prison in Assen in November and was going for Jan Oosterweg, Evacuee Arnhem.
Immediately, the three of us were lined up against a wall and asked our names Meijel They asked where fortunately I had already memorized the information they believed us and did not ask to see our IDs they then asked us about Adam Vondeling, a relative of Schotanus, from which they concluded that there was none of us knew anything about it when searching the house, nothing has found the suspect, they left, to our relief another happy circumstance was that they did not see my wife, because the same men who had interviewed at home also search the house, they would probably not recognized.



Now is the time for us to leave Oldeberkop as soon as possible, because if the Germans came back, it would probably be much worse for us a result, my wife left the same morning with the youngest child in his place parents, where the two older children were already and she remained there until liberation in the afternoon, I took a letter from Wolvega and brought instead Pier Dijkstra in Hoornsterzwaag; I stayed barely there for twenty-four hours, because this morning, the Germans came to take away Dijkstra, but because he had recently been warned, he was able to get out It was therefore not not safe for me, so that the same mail brought me in Spin LO van Ter Idzard the following evening; he in turn led me to the place of Cornelis Groen Because it was too close to Wolvega, I still have a few days later, but they first had to find a new place for me it took yet fourteen days then I received news that they had found a place for me in Nieuwehorne After a consultation, however, I chose to stay in one place, because Canadians had already arrived in Drenthe this way, my short tenure as a fugitive has ended, it is worth mentioning that none of the families that we protected accept payment from us for costs and had in all respects extremely taken care of us.







JVTE @, a few days later, a few hundred meters, every point taken.