Saturday, May 20, 2017

Crossword Erik corner Agard

Crossroads Tracy Chapman



First time blogging Erik Agard a Los Angeles Times Saturday puzzle to me; he has seven previously published constructions and display on Tuesday, he will hit for the cycle Odd-looking grille with black corners, a number of blocks high, and the 12- step-batteries, 13-, -letter and 14 fills; December 14 is not hard to do a lot of success on my first pass, and short index down did not help much - if it were not for a little I know it fills, I'd probably still be working on the grid got my ta-da.
With a bad cell, stupid mistake through a total stranger Well Some of the more complete.
13a ESPN televised game in which four members of the debate-style competition panel of experts on the HORN - I see on TV in times of restaurants and then, but not a real watchman - but I like the picture of quotes.
15a about 42 JACKIE ROBINSON - my first thought was the 42 of hitchhiker guide to the galaxy, and that did not work baseball is not my thing, but once the -SON appeared a vague memory of this film occurred.
Early 65a U S Navy flag T DON currency not tread on me.


18 prepares to eat in a way NUCLEAR WEAPONS - affectionate term for microwaving; it is how I thawed chicken and reheat pizza.
19 Sym key Beethoven 7 A Shift - I filled in the M, and waited; it will be A-G, M or M ajor Inor.
28 One of NAS prohibitive septet - deadly Se7en.
31 Industry bigwigs TSARS - ah, we've seen before; does not occur to me first; I went with exec.
37 Rihanna album whose title is a common prefix ANTI - half PERP and GAF.
41 An ace is below PAR - in golf, it is by, birdie, eagle; on a three-hole, ace is a hole therein.



49 Shuffles, say Ipods - Apple MP-3 music players.
54 users recording devices called Quipus INCA - fascinating for me - I had to know what was quipu, and here is the wiki; Down at the bottom, the article mentions the Dirk Pitt Clive Cussler series, and I read two of his books - now I have to get the one mentioned here.
58 Home MLB Redbirds STL - St. Louis Cardinals.
1 Persian crown TAJ - ABU thought initially.



4 SUKIYAKI pot Japanese hot dish - oops, not TERI yaki.
5 wear athlete, for short KINGDOM - I think it's short for unitard.
6 idyllic settings Edens - one of the few clues that I had on the first pass.
7 toys with cords - strums I have been known to play with the strings of my guitar.
10 Trey Anastasio Band PHISH - nailed, but for the life of me I can not remember my favorite song from them a live concert; my brother could remember the name that I spend too much time searching.



12 Imitation ERSATZ - large WAG off hetero T.
63 film effects controlled by software, for short CGI c omputer g enerated i MAGERY.
I just received this email from Norma Rosenfield of Marbles The Brain Store.
Marbles The Brain Store will host its fifth tournament crossword annual charity in several places US on the weekend of 20-21 April Competitors solve puzzles unpublished crossword provided by Will Shortz The event will benefit the Foundation for Research of the brain.



The An event will be held at the Fashion Square Mall in Sherman Oaks location.
I nteresting SIDE NOTE One of our L A is -Based judges David Steinberg, a teenager Palos Verdes, CA David presented a crossword puzzle to Will Shortz NYT when he was 12; Shortz rejected but told him not to give it didn t, and his 17th Test when he was 14, David's letter and he expected a check for 200 His headache ran June 16, 2011 Since then, David had five more puzzles published in the Times.








Crossword Erik corner Agard, crossword, corner, erik.