Saturday, February 18, 2017

Volkswagen are well founded reliability problems

Is my GTI reliable?



News today that Volkswagen is seeking to increase its share of the US auto market meager 2 percent, he sits now in the world, Volkswagen is the third largest automaker in terms of production, it seems a bit strange German car giant doesn t have a greater presence in the country.
Article Detroit News I read seems to chalk this discrepancy to the European oddity Volkswagen models There might be something to this, but I think the problem is more fundamental Like it or not, have a reputation for Volkswagens US to be unreliable and expensive to repair, I can not count how many times mechanics and car guys related horror stories about the sky high price of Volkswagen parts that will last a few years or even months and then fail again that's part of why I always avoided Volkswagens though as Euro myself, I always liked their design and fresh emphasis on driving pleasure.
RepairPal data on the cost of repairs for different 2005 car models.
But in light of the aggressive plans for the U S market automaker, I think it's time I examine whether this bad reputation is well earned.



Let's tackle the first reliable JD Power charge gives the Volkswagen brand 2 Dark of 5 for overall reliability and low notes result in the body and the inner reliability and functionality and reliability accessory that jibes with anecdotes that I heard friends and family on air conditioners and stereos who died young.
But Consumer Reports is a little easier on the car manufacturer; Volkswagen is ranked 21 of 33 automakers surveyed in total It is not great, but it is not terrible either; VW ended up ahead of Chevrolet, Mercedes-Benz and BMW overall is also improved compared to the last survey, which was classified VW four spaces below 25.
Between these two surveys, I tend to Consumer Reports a little more weight, it seems that the actual reliability of Volkswagen doesn t seem to be just as bad as I thought it would be, and could be on an upward trajectory.
Now let's tackle the expensive repair costs to get a response if Volkswagen repair costs were much higher than for other brands of cars, I consulted a nifty site called that spits rough estimates for a variety of automotive repairs .
I RepairPal price of a repair cart to a 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla and Chevy Cobalt The site provides estimates as a range, but the lower limit I, because I guess the public is Bankrate part of the community and frugal difficult enough stores for deals on car repairs the results were somewhat surprising.
Volkswagen is the highest of the field in two of the five categories of the oxygen sensor, where he led by just a few dollars and the power steering pump, where he led a large number Although these results probably won t Volkswagen owners to jump for joy, they're not so high, I believe that Volkswagen should be distinguished.


Overall, it appears that Volkswagen is better in those areas than I expected What about all Volkswagen owners care there to weigh.
You quote a repair power steering pump as far as I know, VW now uses electromechanical steering in a large number of their popular vehicles that I had in 2006 Passat GTI 2007, GTI and 2010; who had all the electromechanical steering standard Thus, a power steering pump is not used, it is an electric motor, which is more efficient and more reliable.
I live in South Florida and drove without air conditioning for two years now why I have a Jetta.
The air conditioning broke twice, with repair bills totaling almost 2000 when he broke for the third time there two years ago, I decided to give up other repairs Actually, nature exact problem was not diagnosed until t it a few weeks ago, when a mechanic replaced the alternator 700 and took a look at AC it will cost about 250 to fix.



No, thank you A C fixing will only bring another part of the system to fail.
I like driving the thing is a fun car and diesel Sá, it gets about 45 miles per gallon, but my Kawasaki Ninja is even more fun, more reliable and less expensive to provide and fuel mileage Although the n not much better rock Diesel cars.
I am currently on my 3rd VW, a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition May 2 I am always amazed when someone wrote about anything without first-hand knowledge of the real topic of this article so they just wrote, it becomes a pure GUESS not least the knowledge of a subject is more than reading something in a book, but wisdom comes with a first hand experince I spent 32 years in the automotive industry, starting with an Oldsmobile dealer and Mercedes Benz in 1978. What I found to be my experince is that most people ignore or simply do not have the money to follow the exact program manufactorer suggested maintance found in the owners manual every new car then these same people complain when the car, SUV or truck malfunction in the early 80s American car manufacturers decided to make a car that will last the duration of the guarantee that I have documents to prove it to bring up lagging sales in the service, which at the time PEO PLE could take their cars around to do the job without a computer was in the vehicle Thus, these auto s rarely lasted as long as their cousins ​​overseas, whether you followed the maintance program or not the only goal was to drive the American consumer who bought a Chysler , Ford, or GM product back into the dealerships service Individually This private estate is a terrible error Honda, Toyota and Nissan on the other hand continued to build a car using the best quality parts found as builders US until now auto Thus the import Revolution began and has continued since, but in the 90 late it only took the construc US auto tors almost 20 years to see their error, they began again to build a product using the same type of quality parts instead of building a car only last for the duration of the guarantee they supported with at the time the market today all the cars are built similarly in quality simply choose the one you want, but you have to f ollow the instructions in Owners Manual maintance is much more than oil change or tire rotation cost of spare parts pricing is normally based on the quality of the room, where the part is actually shipped at American parts cheaper, imported vehicles will be higher but a change recently happened again with the US automaker to try to catch up with imports of new gadgets updated ed tablies for car navigation, MP3, Blue Tooth, and many more of these new gadgets or toys to play as I like to call them are not built with support for everyday driving and use conditions here in America My Volkswagon were no problems except for an AC problem covered by the warranty, and because I knew the price of parts on a German Auto frame I bought the extended warranty that covers me up 100,000 miles with 0 deductable and I bought when my purchase extended warranties new cars are much cheaper when purchased with the purchase, and purchase of car manufacturer in this case rather than a VW warranty company after-sale listen to someone who has just watched something and read it or someone who has read a book on the subject is usually not wise Find someone with real life experinces on the subject and it is the clean wisdom I might be wise about it, but I'm a terrible speller if I misspelled a few words forgive me, but my wisdom about this is solid.








Volkswagen are well founded reliability problems, volkswagen, reliability, power steering pump, Consumer Reports bit.