Tuesday, January 31, 2017

2017 S350d W222 experiences Mercedes-Benz owners of new forums

2014 Mercedes S-Class - COMAND Online & Night Vision (1080p)



I think a log of all kinds might be interesting to anyone considering buying one of these beauties, new or used, in the future What do you think.
So, I plan to publish items of interest answer any requests or questions that I can.
The car S350d 2017 AMG Line Premium Plus SWB Many options selected, except purely rear seats taking about the Ј70k list Ј83k and I did not pay too close to 128521 This is fully intended to be a premium car driver's conduct Pack Support burr walnut trim - view integrated head mirror high rear view 6 CD autochanger heated windshield adjustment easy front headrests luxury closing system for doors 3 spoke leather wood AMG Sport multi function steering wheel 20 - brown insulated glass door opener garage infrared multiple AMG protection noise spoken Burmester system design alloy wheels its exclusive surround pack Nappa leather - Pack keyless comfort Black Go Pack memory seat comfort package front seat surround system camera Model removing electric panoramic sunroof designation glass comfort ventilated front seats.
Photo Real Photo Configurator 2 hours before the handover ceremony, he read the first few hours, you can buy a lot of time for dealer personnel to wipe 128521 Next article: first impressions.
For now here's some of my existing messages on the car mostly on the non-official forum.
In the early hours of 1 March 2017, mass, organized pickup up by car to the MB Grimsby country house hotel on the road in Laceby.



For detailers just after taking delivery of the car I arranged privately.
First impressions after the first day, I m starting to feel comfortable driving or what it takes some getting used to is.
Buttons Many of them had to dive into the PDF manual two or three times to get the full extent of this set of buttons made.
Length almost scraped the rear underside of the car on a higher than average concrete edge to the grass in reverse last night in the parking lot of the hotel in Louth Even with the distance from the rear camera and the height of objects is very misleading and the disparity of implicit distance between the rear mirrors and rear camera can be quite large What seems an inch, looks feet in another.



Speed ​​selector I halfway get used to the speed selector stem Drive down to reverse, at least I'm not reach a speed button nonexistent in the usual place on all my cars preceding.
Park I accept it, but it is not easy now 2 tons with a slight touch of a small button on the stem If it was on a steep hill is being tried bricks wheels.
Journey As you guessed, its sinuous beautiful, flat, clear agricultural roads Lincolnshire Comfort Airmatic suspension has a slightly disconnected feeling as a driver My wife felt it was a little too wafty, she felt a little roll than me, I guess because it has no steering wheel to hold on to her asked a different context, I am pleased to select Sport both independently for the suspension gear and the two buttons are next to each other by the COMAND wheel, so just takes a second selections are displayed on the LCD screen between the main dials.
The speed and acceleration that I put my foot a few times and the car jumped forward very impressive, I'm not the best judge of what I have never driven or seriously longed for sports car - but that is clearly the fastest, highest accelerating and most powerful car I've ever driven or owned for the average sedan, estate, coupe owner like me - it enough more than enough.
Having jumped into Looks like about 10 times so far, my breath is taken away each time I walk to it.



Gender and naming Well, how do you approach such a car when taking about it seems a little trivial and impersonal way, gender neutral, it became a sexy career woman she This is not woman fatal looking flash, the kind you have an irresistible thirst for it is reliable, complex, smooth, stylish, lol fascinating for the name, it can not be, but it is not one that comes to mind, she shipped over Zeebrugge to Killingholme Patricia.
Highway driving have just been two days highway driving south, passing through the M1, M4, M23, M27, M25 and M20 It was an extremely stressful and enjoyable drive characteristics that I finally count on most were Distronic Plus and Lane Assist.
Economy For about 400 miles of driving mainly off I averaged about 40 mpg Including a fair bit of city driving mpg in the first 7 days nine, just under 30 mpg.
Distronic Plus, Speedtronic, Traffic Sign Assist, Lane Assist Automatic recognition of the speed limit by onboard camera is incredibly useful This means I always knew what the speed limit was and could set the Speedtronic speed quickly this save me fines , points and may help prevent me be involved in accidents speed is well designed a small tap changes the speed 1 mPH, a little taken by 5 mph speed, once set automatically, the changes that vehicle in front slows down or comes off at first, it feels very strange not hold you back when you close on a car, but the W222 is very reliable to do this for you but there seems to be no way to force the car to do not exceed the speed limit, for example to keep legal This function wouldn t suit everyone, but there are times that I would certainly like lice r enable the other main feature is the steering, where the car adjusts the wheel torque to maintain within its current path, between the lines Again it feels weird the wheel moved under your grip but it looks pretty reliable and a very handy feature to help eat the miles.
Blind Spot Assist This is always clean with a visual notification on a red flashing warning triangle on the mirrors when a vehicle is moving, either forward or backward, in their blind spots Furthermore, when I was the indicators, it of a warning beep and practice.


Cabin noise I've no other Mercedes to compare it with, but the noise of the cabin is very small The small it is, comes mainly from the tires are low profile on me 21 rims with not much wind, it is a pleasure absolute clearly hear the music sound system and talk to your passengers easily, as if you were in your living room.
A gearing 70 mph continues on the flat speed quickly adjusted was 9th at just over 1,000 rpm It seemed a bit small compared to other cars I Vee property, but none had was not the box 9 Mercedes gear speeds.
Options Options Media Accessories Memory seats don t come as standard on the S350 if these materials for you, be sure to order or if a used car, the previous owner are not easy to find the standard options for the S350 on the Mercedes website, here are additional options that I was paying and I will share my experiences with them.
231 door opener Ј 00 463 230 Head-up display Ј1,230 00,596 infrared reflective glass, sound insulation all Ј1,180 00,597 Windshield, Ј heated 610 00 731 Trim - Brown walnut polished Ј 50 00 814 6 discs Ј 260 00 883 helps closing doors Ј 610 00 premium DP1 more Ј7,195 00,401 ventilated front seats Comfort 413 sunroof panoramic glass front seats Comfort Package 432 501 360 769 20 Camera alloy wheels AMG 4 - multi-spoke 810 R Burmester Surround soundsystem P17 keyless-Go package P21 Air-scale package driver memory package P64 and P20 pass before driving assistance active corner 00 death Ј1,695 active package Lane Keeping assist BAS PLUS with Cross- Traffic Assist DISTRONIC PLUS with power steering and stopping GB Pilot PRE-SAFE brake and PRE-SAFE PLUS.
Garage door - Tried, but the security fence is shared and should be set rolling fashion synchronization code and I'm not ready to access the box in case I spoil my neighbors and the owner will have to wait for my garage.



HUD - It's great that I use it all the time it is by default, telling me what the speed limit is, what my cruise control speed is and how fast I'll There also said the name of the road and heading the position is directly ahead and focuses front near the front of the hood, to minimize refocusing your eyes away from the road and behind excellent design This is my most valuable option.
Infrared reflective glass, insulating noise all - the car is very quiet, it seems that the special glass does its job, although I have not seen a W222 without my wife certainly appreciate the peace and quiet well.
6 discs - It is easy to get into the media settings and start loading CDs in the single horizontal slit in the central plateau of own storage What's cool is that the car's onboard data connection is used to make a CD of research that downloads the cover of the track and the CD list I did not expect that and a nice touch.
Closing aid for doors - It took a little getting used to, such as slamming doors, even quietly wins this function Each door must be firmly closed, but incompletely to the motor coil in the door It is beautiful to see, especially with LED illuminated door handles night I confess get for my mom, as she starts to get on a bit and I think she likes to.
Electric sunroof Panoramic glass - We've not opened in serious, but most of the time had the Power roof blinds to let in the light, useful on gray days, wintery.



Seating comfort package before - the full scope of this package would take a few pages to write, there are so many options We tested the massage function and different things like dynamic turns where the seat of the pumps in various configurable places to keep you in the place-Sá bit of a strange feeling, as if someone push you in the lower part, so I disabled for now.
360 Camera - Enormously useful, especially since the W222 is long 5 12m, even as SWB It helps to know exactly when you are about to touch this car station bush fence wall There will, in car of this size to be much those moments, so its great to have You can select front, rear, side or 360 views very easily.
R Burmester surround Soundsystem - Worth extra, but certainly not need imagination 3D system at additional Ј5k The sound is super clear, be it mp3, CD, radio or phone calls - which I used extensively since all obtaining the car there 10 days.
Package Keyless Go - Now is a problem and I will separately publish about it while he was working in the first week of the property, it was cool to be able to lock and unlock seamlessly if I did, when you're away from the car, turn the key Various functions are not possible now keyless-Go stopped working on my car, such as lights exterior courtesy, trunk handless'll talk further.
Memory package for driver and front pass - certainly helpful that I am sure many members of the forum and agree Woman is happy that the car becomes more personalized too many driver settings as far as I can tell, all with a motor is stored.



Active Blind Spot Assist - This was more useful than I expected to in the mirrors of a red warning triangle lights up if you make or are transmitted by another vehicle on either side of the car If you can indicate together in this direction, in addition, there is a warning beep a couple of times it's me alerted in good time, when a vehicle did something unexpected.
Active Lane Keeping Assist - There is a vibration I think they call this feedback haptic when the tires touching a dotted line or solid that you have not specified to This of course is to stop crashing in things neat design.
DISTRONIC PLUS with power steering and stopping GB Pilot - the best for last While the HUD is the coolest option, the options are a must have really, they make driving safer and less tiring The variable speed controller Distronic Plus takes some getting used to as the control rod has additional features if you are from a basic speed controller, it also takes nerves to not hinder yourself when the stop Go Pilot is trustworthy to do it for you again that I could not help but hover my foot off the brake, just in case, if I make less now when the speed setting is high, eg 70 mph on the highway and you're in a traffic jam which then releases, the car begins to accelerate to catch up with the car in front very quickly, which is fine, except that when the car brakes as you can see, it will, because you can see below in traffic that simply radar Distronic car then slow itself quickly enough This can make the rapid acceleration and deceleration, a lthough they are smooth After a good 500 miles off I noticed the car is, overall, smoother acceleration and deceleration that I am This will improve fuel economy, wear on the pads, discs, tires too.
Accessories MB Grimsby didn t throw in something substantial, even hinted at; - For example, after the signing of the car, I asked to buy a boot tray covers the whole boot has a low cubic grid to help prevent things slide and there was a small reduction in about 10 to Ј100 it wasn t cheap and I asked if he could throw in a good starting cash for shopping and rubber boots, but he said it was too expensive for me a gift plastic crate, Ј60 seems excessive to me, he offered to mail out an umbrella and a folding crate, he ended up doing, which was a nice touch but when I walked into my local dealer and Mercedes inquired service plan, they are not able to offer me a 10 MB reduction bill Grimsby said, so I paid the list price, but they gave me there, then an umbrella and folding crate that s two major retailers quickly give me the m Emes elements, so I guess that's standard fare with the keys to two beautiful, good quality key fobs L Danube, another nice touch.
Media I was able to - connect my phone via Bluetooth for calls, contacts and music - import 2G music via USB - 4 load CD and see all the album data and track listings which is automatically imported There is more, but I m ​​keeping it short as the post is already long enough.
Last edited by gr1nch; 13-03-2017 at July 17 AM Reason Format HTML tags copied.



Mercedes Me The W222 has, as standard, integrated capacity Mercedes me, so no need for a separate adapter OBDII After ordering the car, about 4 months before delivery, I could create an account Mercedes me on the MB website in the United -um, but I could add my car at that time, at least I need the VIN I'm around 10 days before date of construction is RoRo ferry to Killingholme me the Mercedes website accepted the VIN but I still need the license plate I arrived about 2 weeks before taking delivery of the car.
At that time, I configured my account to the car, so he showed a nice accurate picture of my model and specifications There were few details basic techniques on the car not near the level of detail the full data card gives, but nevertheless reassuring All this is fairly new and updated continuously, so I'm expecting a good, but perhaps an imperfect service after I took delivery of the car and at the end a busy day, I checked my Mercedes me then and realized fairly quickly things weren t properly configured - to start there were no services available for me to activate 0 0 quick email my contact PDE MB and they got on the MB and solved the problem, so that in a few hours I had access to 16 services I finally allowing them all the most useful services for me so far are to know where the car and be able to see if the doors are unlocked and then switch the remote lock unlock all enabled services are instantly available only if your car and your phone or tablet PC with Internet access, but if they do, you might be on the other side of the world your car and these services continue to operate - unlock There are additional layer of security by a PIN you created must be entered to complete the unlocking procedure, after you press the release button down, I do not know the strength of the security is in practice for example, if the PIN is stored on their servers, they are encrypted during transport or storage at a time client and server side, etc. - Mobility in this option tells you where the car menu says it's the screenshot is a very zoomed extent on - in practice, you can zoom in as much detail as the integrated Google map application will allow, which is usually in the useful level building for large outdoor parking lots anyway usually the information of your car is much easier access via the phone application than via COMAND.
- Specifications Phone Moto G Android May 1 Mercedes Me app Version 2 4 1 build 2 April 1-130.








2017 S350d W222 experiences Mercedes-Benz owners of new forums, 2017 W222, s350d.