Sunday, December 18, 2016

Top 9 complaints and comments about Mercedes SLK230

Mercedes-Benz SLK 200 Kompressor Review - With Richard Hammond (2000)



Owned Corvettes, Mustangs, Cadillacs and a BMW Z3 possessed the SLK since 1998, new Has 61,000 miles on it and has always been stored or cooled and heat is detailed every 6 months, waxed twice a year use the products only Meguiar's the only problem I had was peeling on the console it was discovered endemic SLKs ordered a special product from Germany and I repair Showroom Classy beautiful, powerful, handles like a dream on the winding roads two-way will never sell this car, leaving my son.
I bought a 1999 SLK 230 off an auction on Ebay, there a few years ago, it was a fantastic car and I put over 35,000 miles on it with virtually no problems beyond replacement tires and two belts until I hit some black ice this winter on I-80 and collided with guardrail damage exceeds the value of the car and I could not work setting Copart will shortly on a block auction, it is silver metal with fire and left rear quarter panel went If you are a guy body you want the car.
Experience has placed on the market for a replacement, I live in the Rockies and the popular mountain aversion RWD vehicles is near legendary if my search took me out of my area the R170 version of the SLK n ' was made from 1998 to 2004, an average of about 10,000 US versions every year, I discovered that only 10 percent of them have manual transmissions that do you when you order a 2 seater sports car with an automatic transmission, I find mystifying.
The search took me two months and I finally found what I was looking at Mercedes Benz Omaha I bought the car on the phone and never saw anything, but images before I picked up this car is a previous owner 2001 SLK 230, barrillo red I rented a car, drove to Omaha and the dealer was very accommodating, look me in Council Bluffs for a pick-up of the car in the late evening they even filled with gas I drove in Cedar Falls, IA tonight.
In the morning I discovered that the hood does not fully retract the trunk opens and moves forward to get up, but nothing but the hum of the hydraulic obviously trying to do something that I bought the car is without warranty of any kind, but gave Mercedes Benz Omaha a call anyway they hooked me with an appointment on my trip back to Wyoming to assess the problem in the meantime, my son found a stream the problem on the MB forum Several solutions have been posted there, the most useful of which is to give the right front corner of the top of a strong slap with your fist that actually works.


I heard stories about how expensive the higher hydraulic system can be set so I decided to keep the appointment at Mercedes Benz Omaha for an assessment seemed like a good idea to know with more certainty what I would face in the future.
Mercedes Benz Omaha assigns the client and partner who is responsible for getting your car through their process and solve your problems at the mine has been appointed and is more defender of the clients I have never met at a dealership, I just wanted my car connected on their diagnostic computer and get out of there with a feeling it isn ta Mercedes dealership across Wyoming and it seemed useful to have this information because my favorite mechanic runs a shop I Volvo dismayed 1 2 time in the appointment to provide a return home because this will take some time I explained to him that the house 550 miles and I would go ahead and wait told them that the mechanic has completed the evaluation read the computer and wants to enter more deeply.
Two hours later, I'm standing in the parking contemplating my recommendations ipads for fast food restaurants nearby when an employee finds me, he said, looking me and advise my car is done is all smiles My car sits in the queue obviously freshly washed After checking, I found it was drawn up and now works perfectly, my faster and smoother old SLK which means something relates the engineer thought that the matter would likely that time the mechanism picks up debris and just needs a good cleaning apparently, he knows whereof he speaks because he continues to work perfectly.
I was presented with a bill for the evaluation that had been reset explained that if my car was sold, as is, it is out of their lot and wouldn t be happy dealership transaction unless I was in all a very pleasant experience to find a good dealer who is proud of their service.
I drove the car 1,500 miles now is really a dream come true driving maneuverability and responsiveness of the SLK 230 is like nothing else I've ever driven Mileage is a respectable 30 mpg more on speeding highway the supercharged 2 3 L is amazing and makes driving Wyoming 2 lane roads a lot more fun than ever in my 4Runner.



Nothing happened the car was built to my specifications It was perfect No problem in 3 years Good fuel consumption I still love the car in 1997, you were on a waiting list for this car, never disappointed, there was no lack of service was not expensive They were then handcrafted and now build robots imperfect versions.
It was an iconic car Mercedes Unfortunately lost ground after If I could buy my old car back, I would, and rebuild her from scratch if necessary It was a dream car that lived up to all expectations even my wife loved and even called our best car ever no defects to 97.000 beautifully Done miles Few cars can match this level of quality a beloved car of the unsurpassed quality Why can not they all be so beautiful with quiet and quality are the key points.
Director of the General Director of Maintenance Parts argued would not discuss a solution to buy a new car was a minor problem since they had no repair order of play until forced to see bearings replaced with correct after removing the engine of the new car with 20k miles they shot service writer because he told the truth they didn t.
I bought a Mercedes Benz SLK230 2001 Since car ownership has had a few reminders - being the shaft cam solenoid leaking oil on the son beam that was damaged and I paid for later recall happened years later oxygen sensors need to be replaced more 15k miles inside had to be completely redone as now peeled off which is common in most of the 2001 German cars VOLKSWAGEN well, except that they have taken responsibility I Coated and set free to keep this car I still do because I put 15,000 in repairs it is very fun, very unique, but I do need MERCEDES BENZ issue a recall or Service Bulletin 98-05 for all models to have all domestic also redone the exterior paint is chipped and I have to correct that too.
But it's better than BMW I had one and it was a Porsche nightmare, too slow The SLK is much faster, even for a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine Its seats are like every Lamborghini hard roadster he drove like an awkward warship unlike my SLK I fighter pilot for the uS SLK remember a plane a little care and a lot less bitching my owners and we are all better but MERCEDES BENZ MUST.



1 Attach the taillights again 2 Attach the camshaft 3 Set exhaust.
4 Attach all within BTW that they use the exact same paint in the new SLK 2013 and SL500.
I d like Mercedes to own up to the tag line they use best or nothing They are really opulent road car and the SLK230 2091-05 was the last of the best of the best BMW, Porsche do they compare EXCEPT t they take responsibility Lamborghini, forget it is just junk compared to the Rip SLK SLK320 is a problematic disaster that I had and exchanged for the smaller engine is faster.
How do I know I can trust these comments on Mercedes Benz.



We need contact information to ensure that our examiners are real.
We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of the examinations.
Our moderators read all the reviews to check the quality and helpfulness.
For more information about the review please visit our FAQ.
I have a SLK 230 2003 Diagnostic The light came on the dashboard and I took it immediately to a Mercedes garage, I was told that it was a common fault with this model a plug leaks oil throughout the system and cause costly damage to all parts of the engine including the ICU, I was in 2500 citation for having set I made contact with Mercedes, but they would not admit what is a common defect, even if they updated the said plug in 2005 with a waterproof plug to avoid the problem.
I bought there is a Used 2001 Mercedes SLK230 few years A year after I bought it, the car had electrical problems including fires, oxygen sensors, radio lock, and fans bad behavior, I spent a lot of money replacing the oxygen sensor, lights and get engine code checked and replaced.



Finally there three weeks, the radiator fan continued to run after the car was turned off he continued to run on complete revolutions rpm and drained the battery I had overexcited and was the same problem again drained the battery.
I took it to the dealer says there is a recall on some of cam shaft solenoid leak that was causing an oil leak in the car's wiring harness and all kinds of problems this oil even in the ECU electronic control unit Dealer said that the wiring harness, reminded party would be replaced and ECU had replaced it.
He then installed a new fan control module to replace the one that burned, but the new burned again now, the dealer said it needs 5 hours of diagnostic time 850 just to find the problem and can -be more, then additional costs for repairs.
It's crazy, I have not that kind of money and this is my only car that is useless now all was caused by a defect remembered leaking of solenoid shaft cam, I have not now car and I am much poorer have to have so many repairs over the years.



I think the problem with the car was caused by the recalled part and I would not be responsible for that cost.
I bought a Mercedes SLK230 in June 2002 A week later there was a problem with the air conditioning and heating I took, they replaced the compressor In March 2003, the car caught fire while I was my insurance said the car hit a refund I put on my extended warranty with Mercedes Alexandria and have not received a check from someone or an answer that I called several times and nobody answered my calls I called Mercedes Benz headquarters and they tell me I have to contact the dealer to add insult to injury, they only want to pay me 89 what I paid for the guarantee, which does 'not even in force, but I do not have transport I paid 4,000 down on this car and now I vehicle and no down payment to buy another car I want my money and a certain type of compensation for the trauma that I think have to Mercedes Benz t be held responsible for a car, they sold me who could have killed me.
Patricia insurance company pay him what they determine the value of the car that be how it works If she wants a refund of the amount paid for the extended warranty, it can go to Small Claims Court .
I bought a SLK 230 5 00 to 40 days later, the fuse controls died and the car on heated They have ordered from Germany and I was without a car for two weeks in the leather interior the center console began peeling 2 months after I bought it I have repaired, but they sent a cheap place because he kept peeling again until I took a store more reliable even 6 months later and now it is after cooling the light came on three times, the third time, there was an oversight in the mechanical handling they forgot to let the bubbles and light came again; I should have considered that the third element to meet, but I let the light go coolant came many times since I have taken it a month ago at the Smythe dealership in San Jose, and they said they were looking at him but the light came again immediately after taking the car there 3 weeks, the O2 sensor is dead and I had to have that replaced yesterday I discovered something that will with no escape because my car suddenly seems like a motorcycle I can t drive and must take today.



The warranty ran over her 10k miles ago, so I have to pay out of pocket for all these expenses that I have to take my car and that means lost work time that I do not have peace when I drive my car because I keep thinking something will go wrong with what I drive my car carefully I deal with the car because I worked hard to buy it I only use unleaded I all paper work service agreements for every time I take my car - which amounts to all other or two months since I bought it.








Top 9 complaints and comments about Mercedes SLK230, opinion, mercedes, SLK230, Mercedes Benz Omaha.