Thursday, December 15, 2016

The German bands singing in English EUROKULTURE

Band Aid 30 - Do They Know It's Christmas? (2014)



Have your heard of Scorpions I'm not talking about an insect, but the group that sings the famous song Wind of Change.
It was ten years ago, I listened to this song for the first time I knew nothing of German culture at the time, I felt the pace was good and I did not know the words and the message singers trying to provide everything that I knew that was a good English song I think they must have been in the United States or in England a few years later, I had close contact with Germany and wanted to improve my German by listening to German music, so I was looking for some German groups Surprisingly I found that the Scorpions are from Germany, but never written songs in German.
Aren Scorpions t the only German band that sings in English to please their S U fans, Tokio Hotel people group their most successful songs translated into English as Monsoon den durch Monsun The English version seems so difficult for me; perhaps because I am more familiar with the German version Somehow, I felt the German part missing in the English version.
Im Unterschied zu anderen Bands ihrer Zeit ihre Liedtexte Scorpions schrieben die von Beginn an auf Englisch, da sie von Anfang an international das Hard-rock-Business erobern wollten This is a quote from Wikipedia on the choice of English Scorpions He says, to get success in the international rock hard, the group decided early on to write their songs in English, I think it's also why some German bands or singers choose to sing in English my German friend said to me, if the German bands have songs in English, it would help them achieve success in Europe and even the world.



It is true that our days English is increasingly important, we also say that music has no boundaries when singers perform a song they do not just say the words with melodies, they interpret words, and they deliver the feelings that can be expressed not only by words Sometimes a foreign song we hear but can still understand without understanding the words.
Besides, if they sing their songs in a language other than their mother tongue, how can they retain their original identity I do not think there is a need to abandon their native language and English the go famous German band Rammstein has also gained international recognition without simple songs in English and there are many people who are interested in German and you want to learn German because they like Rammstein German songs.








The German bands singing in English EUROKULTURE, German, bands English.