Sunday, October 23, 2016

My experience importing a car from Germany to Switzerland

Ed Sheeran - Form you [Official Video]



My experience importing a car from Germany to Switzerland.
I imported a car from Germany to Swtizerland and I thought I should share the experience.
After finding the car I wanted, I contacted the dealer concerned in Germany I asked all the papers I needed to export the car the dealer has prepared all this, it has also prepared a complete temporary insurance coverage for 2 weeks I would do it again I would request a longer - will tell you more about this below.
- Paper COC certificate of CO2 emissions - the invoice - insurance papers - the Green Paper with tiny little details of the car.



We had to pay in full, the dealer with a bank transfer before taking the car a bit scary You pay the price with German VAT After registering the car in Switzerland you send documents to the car dealership and you get your VAT return Anyway, then we went to Germany, took the car and the papers No problem.
We went to the border and we went to the German customs - I handed the papers the dealer had prepared They did things on the computer and gave it back and I'm good to go.
We then went to the Swiss border, it was closed so we drove home for the day after the weekend, we went to a custom office ZOLL and registered the car for more detailed information, see - in short you pay 4 the purchase price without VAT and then another 8 you must also pay for 60CHF administrative costs registration done.
Then, to my insurance approved by telephone Make sure you call your insurance and have an agreement they will then be transmitted electronically proof the car registration office where you ask your plates.
Next step, get Swiss plates to the car registration office Ticcino to go to that is where it was a bit painful process is simply to test the cost of 120CHF car then get your license plates 60CHF about and pay taxes for the car price depends on the car - cars environmentally friendly are cheaper, larger engine cars are expensive, but usually something 150CHF to 600CHF logic.
However, our temporary plates were valid for 2 weeks and the next appointment available in Lugano test was 5 weeks from the time it is because many people are now importing cars Euro is weak This meant we had 3 weeks without a car, I called the insurance and they could not make a foreign plate - they needed a Swiss plate I asked for a temporary Swiss plate, but they give the cars in Switzerland and not car imported I called the tax office and requested a grenzversicherung border insurance but they said that I paid the taxes already so in their eyes was a Swiss car This is why I wrote in early this post for a term insurance longer and you will have no problem if there is a wait for the test period.


Once you get your plates will be different sizes of your standard German plates, so you have to go to a garage and get support for the course, you can do it sooner if you are a good planner I did later that I was not aware of the size - I had free garage bought the beer six pack If you need to return one day and it is always nice with beer.
Finally, contact your dealer after registering the car Send them the necessary paper and get your pack of VAT.
I have to say - the process was very easy to set it worth the sure to have a driving license and for me was not a problem.








My experience importing a car from Germany to Switzerland, experience, import, germany, switzerland.