Sunday, July 10, 2016

Datsun 240Z HRE Wheels

Hot Wheels NEWS 29/07/16 - Datsun 240Z "Fugu Z" - Why the packaging says "365" cars!



I have to come back when I was a little boy to tell the full story about this car in the light of the great political and social changes in my country of Poland, my parents a great opportunity and started a company That was passion my father for cars that led them to launch a car showroom and a service specialized in Hondas I was about 14 years and helped them whenever I had a chance I was washing cars, installation car audio, details and cleaning or preparing new cars to customers there was rarely a time when I had own vacation I felt that I had to just stick around cars I was drawing cars, collection of models, whatever reading I could find, even dream car that I knew all I want to do is take over the business one day, it was the right way ire for me I was so right and so wrong at the same time.
Eight years after the company started, we had a large number of loyal customers, the mechanics of professional services and our society has been evolving into a major operation, I had a chance to race motorcycles and take part in car rallies fans in my area, I had also project cars I liked working on Honda Civics, Accords, and Preludes CRXs They all started with small changes that have improved aesthetics and the performance.
Everything seemed to go in the right direction my dream of being a racing driver was not far from reality Then everything collapsed Usual new company HQ system, line of credit, investments and much more in the most inopportune time, the great crisis came and people stopped buying cars After several court battles, my parents were left nowhere to go but to another country where they d lost everything and had no choice but I stayed with all the problems, but decided not to give up, I opened my own business and I wanted to make things work again, I managed to take over the dealership, and runs again to a level appropriate, I was able to start new projects and make more amateur races I finished my dream project car in Monte Carlo Blue AP1 Honda S2000 This car was very special for me and represented to ut what I liked Honda.
But times were about to get even harder Unfortunately I just don t have the resources to withstand the crisis other things began to fall apart again I had to sell everything I understood my well- loved S2000 and when I thought that everything was over, I met a person who wanted to cooperate with me We managed to save the dealer again and our employees kept their jobs was the most important to me, but the dealer was not me more so when things settled down, I decided not to buy another Honda and instead look for something other than my next project.
The 240Z was a car always fascinated me with its incredible proportions and clean yet aggressive lines I think he is one of the best cars from the 70s that he got along pretty sexy hood and side window line it's a platform EN and is relatively reliable and cheap compared to its European counterparts it is also very rare in Europe.
I live in the northern part of Poland He seaside Baltic We have many narrow roads through the woods along the coast These roads link small tourist towns and villages, and that's where my car spends most clearly his conduct time I regularly take my car to some deceased military airports for regional amateur racing If I go to meetings, they are still I the leading events'm not really interested in shows or static rallies should be conducted a car, which is what I feel is the key to really understand the other hand, I love when my car is spotless and clean and thus maintain the balance between the two is, for me, the joy of the property.



I bought this car in Germany in September 2010 it was announced as no rust, long racing After talking to a vendor several times and we agreed on a price and date of collection it happens I was not able to go there myself and had to send it to a trusted friend he bought it, put it on a trailer and taken straight to Poland I was so excited I was driving about 50 miles to meet him and he was bouncing proudly on a trailer in all its glory night- time once we removed it, it was time for a closer inspection it was in one piece, but unfortunately, it seemed to be a piece of junk.
I started with a concept of design changes and visual aspects of the car when it was time to look for rooms It was not long before I found that I needed a new floor and while many other panels of the lower body, I already knew that collecting coins would be a problem, but what else I should do, I ordered the parts and the car was Stripped down to the bare boat We pulled everything out of it and each part was cleaned until the parts ordered in the US, I started to clean, repair and give life to every detail I had to work 4 hours daily for about 6 months it was a great experience, but one I like this peaceful feeling to create something each bolt and component has been renovated the good thing is that most of the mechanical things were in working condition of the engine, however, was a mess to the point that when we opened and took the rings pistons just fell on freely and chaquepiston pieces were shaped and cylinders were all kinds of scratches It took a lot of machining and cleaning to rebuild the engine block was then painted red blanket and head black plugs NGK new flat, the son, filters, fuel lines were installed to make sure it works like new again Luckily, the 5-speed gearbox was in great shape and demand nothing but clean and fresh oil.
2 months later, I had all ordered parts and could begin repairs of the body that I have chosen to keep it as close to OEM as possible, but at the same time, I made some small improvements to give the car a certain charisma antenna holes and logo were removed, were removed bumpers were modified holes and 3 parts welded rear bumper together to make it smoother and cleaner so I decided of the paint instead of chrome that I wanted to go well with ZG style spacers to further emphasize the sporty character of this car I opted to install the rear wing of BRE style duck and front air dam with led brake lights Clear covers complete the look Some people don t like them, but I felt that a white car they emphasize much sugar scoops paint on this car is Honda Spectrum Pearl white b launched very bright with gold beads it is contrasted by bright metallic gray volcano on the bumpers and Flares Trim taillight and grille were painted the same color, but semi-flat.
The interior was also a lot of work yet again everything was cleaned and repaired, I decided to do something fresh and ordered a set of buckets OMP Brands Hatch I had never seen it installed on S30 took a little work to adapt, but the result was satisfactory and I love the dark red and black theme makes the interior look vintage but not too eye punish additions like the classic Nardi steering wheel, gear lever and lever e-brake completed the atmosphere the stabilizer bar was coated gold powder and it has been made to make the transition between the own car and the wheels.
I bought my car with a set of 501s already mounted Hre They were incomplete and although I did not know what these wheels were I really decided to paint and refurbish the money once the face of gold many measure later, I found that they were 8 and 0 off shift I got in touch with a guy in Germany who could make me a measuring 3 may my lips to the rear wheels It wasn t easy as size the rotor is different from BBS the most common and also there is less of rivets in the meantime I started to search the Internet to find out what exactly these wheels and one day I found a picture of the announcement of HRE 501 back in day with a gold center wheel This looked exactly like my now painted wheels which is a cool coincidence I made a set of stickers and my friend made a series of central plugs into custom aluminum that resemble those in plast ic original I really these wheels They are the light quality, large and give a unique vintage flare They also make this car stand out in the sea with Watanabe S30S.
I feel pretty excited that HRE wheels are out their new range of Series Vintage I like the idea and think timeless designs are always better Any car can get much more character with wheels are properly installed and that the art what the game is all about.



Spec engine 2 8 liters bored block 0.2mm and fully reconstructed with the dished pistons, cleaned round top Hitachi carburetors with fresh oil 20W, new seals, oil filter KN, fresh paint on the block and the cover the engine, the exhaust gas on command with the silent Cherry Bomb Turbo, R200 limited slip differential with mounts of 280Z and mustache, manual gearbox 5 speed, Centerforce clutch.
New floor body, and body panels, each other portion of the fixed body, remote antenna holes and emblem, the front bumper and modified rear and painted FairladyZ emblems, BRE duck tail, a dam xenon front air duct with cooling holes, the ZG fender flares, clear headlight covers, H4 headlights, direction indicators transparent modified to operate as position lights, side markers before, clear new mirrors on the color holder is Spectrum White Pearl.
Interior trim costs roof repaired trim and new gaskets, screws, pins, board repaired cracks and half-cover dash installed, Brands Hatch OMP seats, roll bars, Nardi Torino steering wheel and classic hub, the gear knob Nardi Classico Nardi handbrake lever with personalized leather boots Sparco pedals Reflex, new rugs and Z logo floor, new speedometer line and every player Nakamichi bulbs and baffle as taillight cover.
Suspension and wheels Hayashi meshies race 501 with gold coated rotors powder, custom aluminum capsules, Front 15 8 and 0 to 35 mm spacing, 5 AND rear September 15 -38, without spacing, BF Goodrich G-Force Sport 225 55 15 front and rear adjustable struts Tokico unknown coils, fully adjustable height suspension of the front struts, pillow with adjustable mounts fr camber adjustable camber aluminum rings fr, socket polyurethane elsewhere, Cusco rear stabilizer bar, front brakes exchanged with larger diameter brake discs and 4 pot caliper, steel brake lines Goodridge, coating suspension parts of gold powder and black before and strut rear This was a very time consuming project, but it was very rewarding 240Z This should stand the test of time and style is now cold winter for the car dor t, until the rising of the warm and bright sun, so it is free to run fast again.







Datsun 240Z HRE Wheels, 240z, wheels, powdered gold.