Tuesday, June 28, 2016

CBRfoodie checks the food in Canberra Summernats The RiotACT

Elections Act 2016 Challenge candidate Richard Farmer, Canberra voting community



CBRfoodie checks the food in Canberra Summernats.
Many people in Canberra don t like the annual car festival Summernats taking the EPIC relays and much of our city normally quiet summer for about four days in early January each year.
As Jane Speechley explained in an earlier story RiotACT current organizational team behind Summernats working hard to improve its culture and image that I think they do a very good job, I was only there for Thursday few hours, but what I saw impressed me and broke some of the stereotypes I had about the event.
I went with the intention to review some of the foods available to customers, and admit that I assumed the food would Summernats most typical time Dagwood dogs fast food style carny, fries, hot dogs, etc. And maybe I'd be lucky to find a good old-school van greasey burger or grilled meat.
Within minutes of arriving, I came across Cantina Cuban, who did a roaring trade in American-style wraps and fruit smoothies taste and value in their 6 eggs and bacon wrap was quite a surprise pleasant He also helped to break the ice with other people there who were equally impressed and happy to talk about food more about one of the people I met later.



There were many other good food options as I had heard rumors of reasonably good kebabs behind the main stand and they were right kind of good Don t say I didn t warn you, but you should never accuse souvlaki vendor to make kebabs, or vice versa It its long history, but observers enthusiasts balkan history include the Souvlaki Summernats looks and good taste, and 12 each had a reasonable value too.
Kransky s and even the German cuisine is well represented.
And there was the tent promising hot tasty kebabs 20 seemed a little steep for a kebab with the lot so I erred on the cautious, but after talking to another guest who said he was incredible and he remembers yet one he had last year I could go back and check this weekend for FOMO It is also a style of food truck that claims to have awesome burgers Will get what I confirm that my already exceeded? About 200 calories recommended for the morning.
A very intelligent parents I met Greg who had been a regular participant in years, brought her two children and healthy meals packed ith cut sandwiches, veg, fruit, etc. And hearing protection I was very impressed.



OK, the person that I met while enjoying the Cantina Cuban name is Graham Stewart and is the Leukemia Foundation Aussie Muscle Car Run I began by asking him what he ate for breakfast Summernats this year and some other short video interview answers is on the RiotACT Facebook page.
Like many people in this car festival is the first Summernats Graham is here to help promote the fundraiser that Aussie Muscle Car Run made to the Australian Leukemia Foundation They are looking for Canberra teams want to save and help raise money for this important cause.
My first impressions of Summernats outside surprisingly good food had a lot of nice people who are like cars enjoying a beautiful sunny day and lots of noise Canberra If you are sensitive to noise certainly bring some ear protection I understand Summernats injects about 20 million in the local economy of more than 4 days, it also injects a lot of noise.
My second impression Summernats confirms my suspicions that there are many ordinary Aussies who love cars and we look forward to this annual event to spend some days in Canberra and share their stories and passions Of course there is a minority of hoons and some dickheads misconduct as well, but the vast majority of people here and I saw a lot of happy families and women here today are just there to have a good time with others who share their interests and go home safe and some, like Graham, are there to truly fit that many people in the Canberra community normally support if they were aware that I am almost certain that the new owners of RiotACT also will happily promote these events .
As mentioned, they are looking for participants in Canberra in the race this year, so if you have the time and ability and interest to raise money for this great cause, jump on their Facebook page or website to and get in touch with Graham and his colleagues.



Summernats is for three days until Sunday you can get tickets online via their website if you haven t been before being pleasantly surprised.
Elias Hallaj aka CBRfoodie is a blogger of food policy staff part-time and full-time who joined RiotACT as a regular contributor All opinions are his own If you have tips or comments you can find him on Twitter CBRfoodie.







CBRfoodie checks the food in Canberra Summernats The RiotACT, cbrfoodie, checks, food.